• Welcome to ClassicBroncos! - You are currently viewing the forums as a GUEST. To take advantage of all the site features, please take a moment to register. It's fast, simple and absolutely free. So please join our community today!
    If you have problems registering or can't log into your account, please contact Admin.

A little off road with Todd Z

andyp

Contributor
My brother and I bought a Red 1973 from Andrew Norton last year. It's a really nice truck that we have been tweaking a bit. We added a hard top, Hydroboost, Wildhorses 2 1/2 inch lift and AC. It's really a nice street driving Bronco.
The truck is in Scottsdale right now so I asked Todd to take us on an off road excursion to get this truck dirty!. He took us to 11 Mile Wash which is about 30 minutes outside of Scottsdale. Easy off roading but really fun and enough sand and silt to have to get on the gas in a few places.
Thanks Todd!

Attachments

• IMG_7027.jpg
    IMG_7027.jpg
    156.1 KB · Views: 262
  • IMG_7014.jpg
    IMG_7014.jpg
    136 KB · Views: 267
  • IMG_7019.jpg
    IMG_7019.jpg
    147.5 KB · Views: 259
  • IMG_7025.jpg
    IMG_7025.jpg
    235.9 KB · Views: 238
  • IMG_7026.jpg
    IMG_7026.jpg
    148 KB · Views: 291

BajaBronco

Contributor
Bronco Guru
This looks awesome! Wish I was there to join in the fun! Glad you guys had some off-road time finally.

langester

Contributor
MASTER OF MADNESS
Great pics! Looks like a great place to have some fun. Thanks for posting up the pics.

toddz69

Sponsor/Vendor
Bronco Guru
Thanks Andy - it was fun to play hooky from work for a few hours and get out in the dirt with you guys! We're truly blessed to have some dirt so close to town (relatively speaking) that we can play in.

Once we got to the end of our run and got back to the pavement, this sight greeted us. The contrast between our old rigs and these two could not have been more stark. I'll take the Broncos any day, myself. While we were chatting, the McLaren took off (with a GoPro on its roof) and they left the Ferrari sitting there. Brave folks.

Todd Z.

Attachments

• IMG_2566.jpg
    IMG_2566.jpg
    113.8 KB · Views: 161

JefeAZ

Bronco Guru
Loc.
Tucson
Great looking rigs! Where is this spot? Any high speed stuff I can stretch the Raptors legs on?

toddz69

Sponsor/Vendor
Bronco Guru
Great looking rigs! Where is this spot? Any high speed stuff I can stretch the Raptors legs on?

It's FR413 - called Camp Creek Wash or 11 Mile Wash. Here's a link that gives direction to the start at the northern end of it:

https://azoffroad.net/camp-creekverde-river-trail

Some other good videos on it on youtube. We ran it the opposite direction (which I think I've always done), from the Verde north/west to the Bartlett Lake Road.

There is a fair amount of traffic on it with a ton of blind corners so I don't think it's a good place to stretch the Raptor's legs too much, in terms of speed. However, it would be a fun run for a Raptor in terms of cruising through the sand and warming up the shocks!

I like to tell people that it reminds me a lot of racing in Baja - similar terrain to many spots south of the border.

Todd Z.

JefeAZ

Bronco Guru
Loc.
Tucson
Awesome thanks. I've got to spend some time north of Phx. I have a ton of spots saved that I've been wanting to check out. I finally stopped at Rock Springs Cafe after a Sedona trip 3 weeks ago. Awesome little spot!

Attachments

• Capture.jpg
    Capture.jpg
    130.8 KB · Views: 31

jckkys

Bronco Guru
Correct me if it's not true, but I've been hearing about tires being slashed in the parking lot. The victims are ATV riders who left their trucks. Perhaps the locals don't like traffic going there.

toddz69

Sponsor/Vendor
Bronco Guru
Correct me if it's not true, but I've been hearing about tires being slashed in the parking lot. The victims are ATV riders who left their trucks. Perhaps the locals don't like traffic going there.

I haven't heard of any tire slashing at Rock Springs or the parking areas where someone might offload for Camp Creek. It may have happened but it didn't pop up on my radar.

Todd Z.