• Just a reminder that you won't be able to start new posts or reply to existings posts in the Archive forum.

This is where all the old posts go so they can still be used for reference and searched.
  • Welcome to ClassicBroncos! - You are currently viewing the forums as a GUEST. To take advantage of all the site features, please take a moment to register. It's fast, simple and absolutely free. So please join our community today!
    If you have problems registering or can't log into your account, please contact Admin.

Access to rear with aftermarket seats?

Heus33

Bronco Guru
I'm in the market for a matching set of new seats. Something like the Procar Elites or Bestop TrailMaxx seats.

How are you guys getting into the back seat with these aftermarket seats? Does anyone make an aftermarket bracket for the passenger seat that allows it to flip forward like the stock seat did?

garberz

Bronco Influencer
Loc.
Conejo Valley, Ca.
Hop over the side when there is no top, or climb through the center. With a high back seat, there's not much room to fold forward.

NY-Bronco

Resident Dipstick
Loc.
Weehawken, NJ
The sliders they sell with the elites and rallys are not too bad. Slide it all the way to the front and a skinny person can get through. (or a kid) Otherwise the passengers just have to climb on the rear tire and swing over. So far they have all enjoyed doing that. I even had 2 chicks jump in that way while I was driving through the meatpacking district in Manhattan ;D (Yeah, it really is called the meatpacking district) Too bad Im such a nice guy :cool:

mustangtoby

Bronco Guru
Loc.
southwest Colorado
I want the seats that Toms sells, and once I get them rear access will be very limited. At which point I may remove the rear seat all together. Easy for me to say, my youngest is a senior in high school. Generally it's just me and the wife when the EB rolls. This can be a good thing, no room for anyone else! I do have a herd of nieces and nephews that like to ride w uncle Toby, so that may not work either!

1970mule

Bronco Guru
also i just got one from the bronco II it was not the flip style but the double slider style. it works great. the high back seats do not come into play. however let me tell you that you will need to be pretty good at fabbing something up to get it to fit. but if you get one i will tell you everything i did to get it in there good.

Attachments

• IMG_2504.jpg
    IMG_2504.jpg
    80.4 KB · Views: 66
  • IMG_2503.jpg
    IMG_2503.jpg
    97.4 KB · Views: 59
Last edited:

bdevr

What about the "fold & tumble" setup that's in a jeep TJ? I'd imagine that there would be quite a bit of fab work, but they are pretty slick...

Dannyjoe

Loc.
Blythe, California
PRP seats with sliders and tilt

I'm in the market for a matching set of new seats. Something like the Procar Elites or Bestop TrailMaxx seats.

How are you guys getting into the back seat with these aftermarket seats? Does anyone make an aftermarket bracket for the passenger seat that allows it to flip forward like the stock seat did?

I have some nice PRP's that r mounted on BEARD sliders and the passenger side tilts forward.

72_EB

66to77
I like those sliders, Mule. :) I'm on the hunt. My Eclipse seats slide forward enough for my little guy and the pooch to hop in back, but that definitely moves them up a bit more. The other issue I find is moving the stock seat belt and bucket on the floor helps (I don't see those in yours anyway). But if you can move that piece too, it will help back seat in and out too.
May have gotten my last topless pickup at school yesterday. Up on the wheel and over the bed he went. That's his preferred entry whenever the top is off too.
But I think we might have had the last good topless day in Chicago yesterday. :cry:

also i just got one from the bronco II it was not the flip style but the double slider style. it works great. the high back seats do not come into play. however let me tell you that you will need to be pretty good at fabbing something up to get it to fit. but if you get one i will tell you everything i did to get it in there good.