• Welcome to ClassicBroncos! - You are currently viewing the forums as a GUEST. To take advantage of all the site features, please take a moment to register. It's fast, simple and absolutely free. So please join our community today!
    If you have problems registering or can't log into your account, please contact Admin.

Actor Jason Segel talks about his Bronco Experience

pipeline010

Not sure if this has been discussed (been off for a bit), but randomly came across this clip and Segel discussing how his 74 he knew nothing about almost crushed him to death.

https://youtu.be/2q9ZA1_VeGM

Edit - it's a funny clip lol. Re-reading my post it looked WAY more serious than I intended. :)

Crush

Contributor
Bronco Guru
Loc.
Greenbottom, WV
Yes it is a vary funny story but it is very common among today's new Bronco owners. these guys/gals buy one because it is cool and no nothing mechanics let alone broncos which are a unique animal. then they get in a bind and end up hurting themselves like he did or driving an unsafe Bronco on the street and getting other people hurt. the main problem is that most have more money than they know what to do with and buy the first expensive thing they find and not a quality Bronco. they attribute price to quality and get screwed.

I hope that it was a learning experience for all the viewers that night

and shame on the mechanic that showed him how to jump over the solenoid relay and not ensure he understood to put it in park and set the parking brake - provided it even has a parking brake

OP
OP
pipeline010

pipeline010

Yes it is a vary funny story but it is very common among today's new Bronco owners. these guys/gals buy one because it is cool and no nothing mechanics let alone broncos which are a unique animal. then they get in a bind and end up hurting themselves like he did or driving an unsafe Bronco on the street and getting other people hurt. the main problem is that most have more money than they know what to do with and buy the first expensive thing they find and not a quality Bronco. they attribute price to quality and get screwed.

I hope that it was a learning experience for all the viewers that night

and shame on the mechanic that showed him how to jump over the solenoid relay and not ensure he understood to put it in park and set the parking brake - provided it even has a parking brake

Ya and no idea why a mechanic would show him how to jump a solenoid. Why wouldn't a mechanic, Ya know, REPLACE it. They're cheap and easier to replace than a spark plug.

Don't be too hard on Segel though. He's a super nice guy and very creative. He just grew up soft same as me.;D

sykanr0ng

Bronco Guru
Ya and no idea why a mechanic would show him how to jump a solenoid. Why wouldn't a mechanic, Ya know, REPLACE it. They're cheap and easier to replace than a spark plug.

Don't be too hard on Segel though. He's a super nice guy and very creative. He just grew up soft same as me.;D

Not knowing is called ignorance.
Ignorance is curable, through making the effort to learn.
Choosing to remain ignorant is called stupidity.

Fastwest

Everything in hollyweird is evil...I won’t touch anything from there with a 10ft pole