• Just a reminder that you won't be able to start new posts or reply to existings posts in the Archive forum.

This is where all the old posts go so they can still be used for reference and searched.
  • Welcome to ClassicBroncos! - You are currently viewing the forums as a GUEST. To take advantage of all the site features, please take a moment to register. It's fast, simple and absolutely free. So please join our community today!
    If you have problems registering or can't log into your account, please contact Admin.

Addiction, another chebby disc brake conversion ?

alsroadster

Loc.
Sandia Park, NM
Hi, my name is AL I'm a Broncoholic. I also have F Series fever. Went to a recycler the other day looking for parts for the ch**y disk brake conversion for my D 30. Find a 75 Bl**er and the guy says $100 for the whole axle if I take it out so I now have a ps drop D 44 in the yard. Is there any other things I can use off of this? Are those axle tubes pressed in? If I Switched tubes and cut them to EB size could I use EB axles? Or I could get the ones I have cut down too. Is this crazy? Am I having a Broncoholic relapse? Would the resulting Standard rotation D44 be worth less than I would have In it. Oh and by the way I saw a 77 F-250 4x4 460 C6 There that the guy says I can drive home for $700. And Mom says I can have it. Yeeeaaaawwww

74bronc

Bronco Guru
If the axle out of the blazer has flat top knuckles, they are worth between $75 and $125 on Ebay alone. Do a "Dana 44" search on ebay and see what items come up. Depending on the ratio and what carrier it has, that might be worth something as well. The inner axles are worth something on Ebay. You can easily make all your money back parting out the axle and then taking the housing to the metal recycler to get rid of. I paid $125 for a whole axle out of a 74 blazer and parted it out for $175 on ebay and www.coloradok5.com after I robbed the brake parts I need. My $50 profit went into ball joints that I am doing this week with the conversion. Best of luck to you.

JMurray

You can use the axle shafts in a d44 when you upgrade, just replace that d30 when you can.<br>There is a write up on the AZ Bronco website about the axle swap. One axle will need to be cut down. But thos axles have the 297 u-joints.<br>Jerry