• Welcome to ClassicBroncos! - You are currently viewing the forums as a GUEST. To take advantage of all the site features, please take a moment to register. It's fast, simple and absolutely free. So please join our community today!
    If you have problems registering or can't log into your account, please contact Admin.

Admin - Please Help - token issue?

97XEB

Admin,

Please help. I am trying to post pics and had a few upload fine, but then got this message:

"Your submission could not be processed because a security token was missing.

If this occurred unexpectedly, please inform the administrator and describe the action you performed before you received this error."

I was trying to post pictures when it happened - and every time since. I've restarted my browser and logged out / in from the site, but the issue persists. Please tell me how to resolve. As a note, I was able to post pictures before this happened, in the same thread?

Thanks!
Jim

admin

Administrator
Just your friendly, neighborhood webmaster...
Loc.
Phoenix, AZ
test image attachement

Attachments

• Maui2010 Flora 040.jpg
    Maui2010 Flora 040.jpg
    110.9 KB · Views: 8
  • 2010_BroncoRoundUp 099.jpg
    2010_BroncoRoundUp 099.jpg
    91.3 KB · Views: 3

admin

Administrator
Loc.
Phoenix, AZ
Is it just in that particular thread? Can you upload a pic in this thread as a test?

When you get the error exactly what stage is it in the upload process?

OP
OP

97XEB

Test - 1 pic

Attachments

• 2010_BroncoRoundUp 065.jpg
    2010_BroncoRoundUp 065.jpg
    87.5 KB · Views: 3
OP
OP

97XEB

Jon,

Thanks for the reply. I posted one pic as a test and it worked. Maybe it has something to do with the size of the pics? Does the upload process auto resize them or do I need to do that before I try to upload? I always get the error after I have selected all 8 pics and hit the upload button. It looks like the upload process is working - the green bar goes across the bottom of the screen - and then right when it should complete - BAM! Error. Maybe I will try one pic in the same thread - hopefully I didn't screw up the thread. I was hoping to put all my Round Up pics in there.

Thanks again,
Jim

admin

Administrator
Loc.
Phoenix, AZ
I don't think there's any chance you messed up the thread.

The token issue is typically related to a page template missing some key piece of code. That's why I was asking for a specific page or step in the process that was causing it.

The forum will try to resize photos if they are over the limit, but it can only do so much. It will time out if it has to try too long, so uploading 8 pics that all need resizing could easily cause an error. It's just that the error shouldn't be the one you're getting. That's throwing me off a bit.

If you want to email me one of your example photos I can tell you whether it's too big or not. There's a thread here in the Test & Help forum that gives instructions on downsizing pics. That's usually the cleanest way to do it; downsize them first so the server doesn't have to think too much when you're uploading.

OP
OP

97XEB

Jon,

Thanks for the replies. The time-out issue makes a lot of sense. I know my pics are big, and I can see how I could easily be taxing the server too much to resize them all. I'll take your advice and resize them first. I'll let you know, but doubt I'll get the issue again once I do.

Thanks,
Jim

PS: Thanks for a great forum. This is easily my favorite website. Over the years I've gained TONS of both inspiration and knowledge from the great people on here. I'm always amazed at how quickly people answer questions or provide advice - and more often than not.

admin

Administrator
Loc.
Phoenix, AZ
Hopefully that will solve it.

Glad you like the site. We do have a very good group here.