• Be EXTREMELY cautious if someone offers to buy your Bronco for more than your asking price and sight unseen. ESPECIALLY if the buyer is overseas. It's probably a scam.

Discuss it more here:
    http://classicbroncos.com/forums/showthread.php?p=514932
  • The Classifieds forum is a place to buy and sell, not an open forum for people to give their opinions on Bronco values. Unless the seller specifically asks for help on pricing, please don't critique quality or asking price. If you're not interested then move on. - Thanks!
  • Welcome to ClassicBroncos! - You are currently viewing the forums as a GUEST. To take advantage of all the site features, please take a moment to register. It's fast, simple and absolutely free. So please join our community today!
    If you have problems registering or can't log into your account, please contact Admin.

WA Advice from the gurus on the this Bronco

Status
Not open for further replies.

yak67

Bronco Guru
I was looking at that one on craigslist yesterday too....you might post up on northwestclassicbroncos.com there are several guys on the Wet side of the mountains that might be able to help you out.

Does look good for the price....I'm so use to seeing seeing 9-10k for a rig and its a rust bucket or 12 different colors with oil leaks everywhere.

Good luck with your search

Lennardlector

Contributor
My advice, get a PPI done. There are tons of bronco/4x4 specific shops that know what to look for. At most it will cost you $500, and that's on the HIGH side. If the seller is serious and confident in his rig he should opt to pay for the inspection himself if not go in at least half. Most often times if the seller refuses you know something is up. When I was looking for my bronco I told people I restored vehicles, etc, etc...and you cant imagine the stuff that they still tried to hide.

When you go buy a house you just don't drop down cash willy nilly, you hire someone to make sure its a solid foundation. Why not do the same for a "car"?

Lennardlector

Contributor
Furthermore, the interior and paint do look nice but don't let it fool you. Are you mechanically inclined? If not have a compression test done, have a mechanic look at all the crucial joints, linkages, flux capacitor, etc.

The devil is in the details...look at the engine bay picture. Why so nice exterior but neglected engine bay? Rusted brake MC, wires not tidy. Look at the inner fender,
They didn't even spray the inside jamb, let alone try to mask its all blow by. I.e; "lets close the hood and hope paint finds its way inside." This screams $500 quikie "i need to sell this crap now paint job to me.

Now I can't tell you, maybe it runs perfectly fine. Some guys don't care about appearance especially if you plan on actually using the damn thing. It's hard to say,
But this is what I can see from crappy pictures on my tiny iphone screen.

ahansen_1985

Bronco Guru
Loc.
amity, oregon
Some of the "kick" could be the boggers, mine drives like crap with its 37' boggers.... Also check rear quarters for rust by taillights a d such....
I'm halfway close down in Oregon if nobody else jump in to help ill come up and have a look of you need

1966,351w,m5od,205....3.5" lift, 2" body, 37/13/15 boggers

El Kabong

Contributor
Driving stuff Henry built
I am no guru, but once dealt with a truck where the rear would "kick out". How is the rear lifted? If it is on blocks & the pins & holes aren't right the rear will slide, essentially creating a random "rear steer" condition. It is a dangerous driving situation, & the blocks might find their way out. It is something to check if the rear "kicks out".

It was a friend's lifted 59 Chevy pickup with no pins in the rear blocks. The rear would slide a little & turn, & the front had major bump steer. It was terrible. We got it sorted out & fixed, but it was a stupid truck to drive like that. Hit a bump & turn left to go straight. Step on the brakes & turn right to go straight. Step on the gas & turn the wheel left. It also had stretched brake hoses. The guy who did the lift had absolutely no clue.

Last edited:
OP
OP
A

Autobahnaudi

Wow thanks everyone this forum is defiantly the real deal!

I have decided to go a different route and won't be buying this Bronco.

Anyone who is interested in it. I can tell you it looks very nice the owner is very knowledgable, and was willing to throw lots of extras.

half cab

Contributor
Guru Bronco
Whats up with the tunnel cover? is that daylight I see through there? Unless it has rust covered up? the Bronco has a lot of potential.

sprdv1

Contributor
REBEL
Wow thanks everyone this forum is defiantly the real deal!

I have decided to go a different route and won't be buying this Bronco.

Anyone who is interested in it. I can tell you it looks very nice the owner is very knowledgable, and was willing to throw lots of extras.

Right on.. Just be patient, you'll find the right one

Status
Not open for further replies.