• Just a reminder that you won't be able to start new posts or reply to existings posts in the Archive forum.

This is where all the old posts go so they can still be used for reference and searched.
  • Welcome to ClassicBroncos! - You are currently viewing the forums as a GUEST. To take advantage of all the site features, please take a moment to register. It's fast, simple and absolutely free. So please join our community today!
    If you have problems registering or can't log into your account, please contact Admin.

after market seats

gunslingerboyd

I know many of you face the same problem with me. Most of these aftermarket seats sit so much higher than stock Broncos. Anyone out there has any knowledge of what seats sit the lowest? Procar, Corbeau, Mastercraft, Tom's or?
I'm so tired of staring at the top of my windshield..

Apogee

Contributor
Bronco Guru
Without cutting out the floor, the lowest seats that I could find when I was looking were the Mastercraft Sportsman seats. I'm sure most other suspension seat manufacturers have something comparable, but I have sliders mounted directly to the bottom of the seat and they mount directly to the floor pan. While I still look through the top of the window at 6'5", it's not nearly as bad as other EB's I've driven with a variety of other seats...plus they're just flat comfy.

bigmuddy

Contributor
Bronco Guru
Loc.
Marthasville Missouri
Mastercrafts are probably the finest suspension seat on the market. Really nice but I am 6' and found that they were to tall for me. For the record I don't think you can find a suspension seat that's lower but that just the nature of a suspension seat.

I run something similar to these and really like them but they are a good daily driver and do ok for the occasional off road trip. They are not however a suspension seat.
http://www.wildhorses4x4.com/product/Procar_Elite_Seats/Bronco_Procar_Seats

They are however the absolute lowest aftermarket seat I have ever sat in.

bronconut73

Bronco Guru
WH Pro car Rally 2000's used to be the lowest, but they are "no suspension seat"...comfortable but no suspension seat.
The vendors all know we need low seats so almost all the seats and adapter brackets are as low as possible.

OP
OP
G

gunslingerboyd

thanks for all the great info. My EB is 70/30 street/mild off road, so procar rally may be the ticket. Would suspension seats THAT MUCH more comfy?

Apogee

Contributor
Bronco Guru
thanks for all the great info. My EB is 70/30 street/mild off road, so procar rally may be the ticket. Would suspension seats THAT MUCH more comfy?

I've only sat in the Procar seats for short periods of time, and never wheeling, so I don't have an opinion on those other than others seem really happy with them, but I have spent many a long day driving and wheeling in my Mastercraft seats over the past 10 years and usually still feel pretty good at the end of it. I might add some seat heaters for the colder trips at some point, but otherwise I have no complaints.

I could see ingress and egress being a bit difficult if you're on the "husky" side of things with the relatively high side-bolster of the Sportsman seat, but I prefer that over less lateral support. I've got my hop/duck/shimmy/slide down pat, but a tilt-column would remove that concern for the most part, and I run a smallish 13.5" steering wheel as well.

WILDHORSES

Sponsor/Vendor
Bronco Guru
Loc.
USA
My .02
We (WH) make our own brackets for the Procar seats. This is one thing that makes the seats sit lower. If sitting low and ease of getting in and out is your goal look at the Procar Elites. The Ralleys are a great seat. I ran them myself for years but they do have side bolsters which make them not quite as easy to get into. They are great for holding you in place off road.

At the present time I run MasterCraft Baja RS suspension seats in my rig but you pretty much double your cost. Very comfortable though.

Jim

garberz

Bronco Influencer
Loc.
Conejo Valley, Ca.
.......At the present time I run MasterCraft Baja RS suspension seats in my rig but you pretty much double your cost. Very comfortable though.

Jim

I sat in the MasterCraft Baja RS seats at the Roundup last year and came home with a set. They are fantastic out on the trail after a long day. I made my own mounts for the MasterCraft sliders.

Mark

bronconut73

Bronco Guru
Yea....Jim's suspension seats were the first recliners I saw....
When I got my WH Pro Car Rally 2000's the "reclining" suspension seat had not come out at WH yet.
You ask will they make that much of a difference?

Ask a baseball player if the best bat makes a difference?

Ask a basketball player if the best shoes make a difference?

Ask a Marksman if the best rifle makes a difference?

Now I guess,.....ask your butt if the best seat makes a difference?

I don't want to know what your butt says exactly....lol....but I bet it will like the suspension seats better....
.there is just no comparison.
Its just not even fair.

I have the WH Rally 2000's and have loved them...but after I sat in a quality suspension seat I knew I had to have some...They are "that much" better...

The next time I have 2K to drop on the eb it will prolly be reclining suspension seats, with heaters, lumbar, and adjustable headrest. That makes them about a grand a piece....ouch...I know...I still want them....

garberz

Bronco Influencer
Loc.
Conejo Valley, Ca.
Yea....Jim's suspension seats were the first recliners I saw....
When I got my WH Pro Car Rally 2000's the "reclining" suspension seat had not come out at WH yet.
You ask will they make that much of a difference?

Ask a baseball player if the best bat makes a difference?

Ask a basketball player if the best shoes make a difference?

Ask a Marksman if the best rifle makes a difference?

Now I guess,.....ask your butt if the best seat makes a difference?

I don't want to know what your butt says exactly....lol....but I bet it will like the suspension seats better....
.there is just no comparison.
Its just not even fair.

I have the WH Rally 2000's and have loved them...but after I sat in a quality suspension seat I knew I had to have some...They are "that much" better...

The next time I have 2K to drop on the eb it will prolly be reclining suspension seats, with heaters, lumbar, and adjustable headrest. That makes them about a grand a piece....ouch...I know...I still want them....

So, the only place your body contacts your Bronco is the seats and the steering wheel, pedals don't really come into play here. Seats are #1 when it comes to comfort while driving. But I can't believe how nice the Lecarra Fat grip wheel feels while driving. It really makes for a different driving experience.

Mark

garberz

Bronco Influencer
Loc.
Conejo Valley, Ca.
All this talk and NO pics of seats in your bronco's :) Can we see um????

I don't have many pics of my interior, it's all black so it's hard to see. These are MasterCraft Baja RS seats, reclining suspension seats, with the DirtSports seat cover package. It makes it a bit more plush than the standard. The seats are Black w/black. Boston Terrier not included. Second pic is coming home from the Roundup.

Mark

Attachments

• IMG_1033.jpg
    IMG_1033.jpg
    124.8 KB · Views: 88
  • IMG_0270.jpg
    IMG_0270.jpg
    73.2 KB · Views: 87
  • IMG_0994.jpg
    IMG_0994.jpg
    61.4 KB · Views: 95

badkarma

I went with seats out of a Mazda rx8 low profile and mounted very easily and kept all the power functions. I am 6'2" and not to bad at all mounted inside the roll cage and to it.

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    100.8 KB · Views: 80

bamabaja

Contributor
Loc.
The Shoals
I went with seats out of a Mazda rx8 low profile and mounted very easily and kept all the power functions. I am 6'2" and not to bad at all mounted inside the roll cage and to it.

Looks great ! What year Mazda ? What about mounts ?

badkarma

I am not sure about the year 2008 timeframe.Took about 20 min grind
off all the Mazda specific stuff from the slider bar seat base. drilled holes in my flat stock that I then welded to the roll cage. Took about a hour to get the seats sorted before I welded anything.I am real surprised how simple it worked out.

Last edited: