• Just a reminder that you won't be able to start new posts or reply to existings posts in the Archive forum.

This is where all the old posts go so they can still be used for reference and searched.
  • Welcome to ClassicBroncos! - You are currently viewing the forums as a GUEST. To take advantage of all the site features, please take a moment to register. It's fast, simple and absolutely free. So please join our community today!
    If you have problems registering or can't log into your account, please contact Admin.

Aftermarket fender quality

B

bhoffman

Everyone seems to mention that the aftermarket front fenders will require a bit of "fitting" in order to make them fit well. Not having done this, and not being a body man, what is involved in this? How poorly stamped or cut are the fenders? I really do not have the $400-$500 each for OEM Ford fenders. I know many of you have bought these from JBG, and Ebay, so let's here it.

74bronc

Bronco Guru
I got both of mine from Interstate Auto Body Parts for 80 bucks each. They aren't as thick as the stockers, but I wasn't going to pay 400 each just to cut them up and put flares on. Mine honestly fit perfectly and didn't take any fitting whatsoever. No problem. The price I got was probably shop cost since I worked in a shop at the time but the retail price was around $100 as I remember. Here's a pic of my bronco w/aftermarket fenders. Not a close up, but you get the idea

Attachments

• toddbronco1.jpg
    toddbronco1.jpg
    95.2 KB · Views: 153

rcmbronc

Contributor
Bronco Guru
Loc.
Tomah WI
Anyone also have experience with fiberglass fenders. How do they fit. Sorry to invade your post, just thought maybe this could also be an option.

TOFIC

Bronco Wrencher and Fixer
Loc.
Redcliff Alberta
rcmbronc said:
Anyone also have experience with fiberglass fenders. How do they fit. Sorry to invade your post, just thought maybe this could also be an option.

Got mine from JD. fit just fine, had to do a little fitting but that was due to "body realignment" not the fender quality. The fenders themselves were great.

the old fart in Canada.

70EB

Bronco Guru
Loc.
Gig Harbor
I got mine from JBG and the box was marked "Made in China". The metal is much thinner than stock. While towing my Bronco across the US (NC to KS) on a dolly, the wind caught the bottom rear of my fenders and caused them to crack about 2" by the door posts at the bottom (I have cut rockers and bobbed the bottom of the fenders). I was not using the factory support brackets so this is all probably all my fault. I plan to POR Epoxy a set of small "L" backets to provide some support for the time being. Fit was good though. I am waiting for the new Dennis Carpenter fenders to come out as I hear they are thicker than stock.