• Just a reminder that you won't be able to start new posts or reply to existings posts in the Archive forum.

This is where all the old posts go so they can still be used for reference and searched.
  • Welcome to ClassicBroncos! - You are currently viewing the forums as a GUEST. To take advantage of all the site features, please take a moment to register. It's fast, simple and absolutely free. So please join our community today!
    If you have problems registering or can't log into your account, please contact Admin.

Aftermarket fender tweaking

Frameworks

Loc.
South Central, LA
I'm sure I'll get told this mod was POINTLESS also, but what the hell!
After hanging this left aftermarket fender, it was going to need shims between it and the hinge post (A-pillar) first pic , to get the fender flush with the rocker and the door. So what I did was remove the little brace thats already welded to the fender and move it outward enough to not require shims and rewelded it. I also did the same thing where the fenders bolt to the firewall , right below the windshield frame.
That way theres no need for shims, I don't like looking at shims! But thats just me!
umy6u9y4.jpg
5u2e5apy.jpg
dujenuhy.jpg
gera5a2y.jpg
5yzy7a9u.jpg
y3amenyg.jpg

NicksTrix

Bronco Guru
all part of the after market pieces game. it beats starting with a flat piece of steel.