• Welcome to ClassicBroncos! - You are currently viewing the forums as a GUEST. To take advantage of all the site features, please take a moment to register. It's fast, simple and absolutely free. So please join our community today!
    If you have problems registering or can't log into your account, please contact Admin.

All cleaned out, so it begins...(rust pics)

SPORTBRONC72

Loc.
Northeast GA
Got all the parts, debris out today and tore out the floor rubber. Pans are rough front and rear. Any advice on what route to take would be great, besides getting a new tub...:). (more pics coming) Also found out my "72 is a Sport/Explorer!

doghows72

Bronco Guru
How are the other areas? Kick panels, rockers? If it's just the floor areas pick a spot cut it out replace with new. How are the braces under the floors? Sometimes it's best to just cut it out till its gone as long as your rockers, kick panels and braces under are ok.

1strodeo

Contributor
Squirrel Watcher
Loc.
Wisconsin
Ha! If u have a wife like mine she's probably wondering why the hell youre wasting time cleaning that thing up, but one day she'll realize your vision.

Good that no one cut the dash for a radio over the past 45 years!

There are folks on here way more knowledgable than me on sheet metal, but like doghows said show pics of the kick panels, and door posts, but don't cut anything until you have replacement panels on site to measure.

For that right rear wheel well you could weld/epoxy/rivet in a piece of thin angle along the crease to last you several years until a frame off.

Jeff