• Just a reminder that you won't be able to start new posts or reply to existings posts in the Archive forum.

This is where all the old posts go so they can still be used for reference and searched.
  • Welcome to ClassicBroncos! - You are currently viewing the forums as a GUEST. To take advantage of all the site features, please take a moment to register. It's fast, simple and absolutely free. So please join our community today!
    If you have problems registering or can't log into your account, please contact Admin.

All parts needed to upgrade PS to Saginaw.

SaddleUp

Bronco Guru
Loc.
Vancouver, WA
Your going to need a digital camera as well so you can take pics as you go so we can use them for ideas on ours. ;)

lars

Contributor
Been here awhile
Loc.
NorCal flatlands
saryan said:
Roger that. Thanks

You need an airplane so you can talk to ATC like that ;)

Besides what you listed, a way to connect the pump to the steering box. Also known as a hose. Depending on what pump you have, the pump end likely either needs to be 9/16" inverted flare or a GM o-ring fitting. In the former case I believe there is a Scout hose that will work (check with Admin, I think he knows the application) or otherwise if there is a hydraulic hose shop in your neighborhood- more likely if there is agriculture in the area- they can make up a hose for you or put a new one on the hose you already have.

Or you can get fancy and buy AN adapter fittings and Aeroquip hose from Speedway Motors.

SaddleUp

Bronco Guru
Loc.
Vancouver, WA
lars said:
You need an airplane so you can talk to ATC like that ;)

Besides what you listed, a way to connect the pump to the steering box. Also known as a hose. Depending on what pump you have, the pump end likely either needs to be 9/16" inverted flare or a GM o-ring fitting. In the former case I believe there is a Scout hose that will work (check with Admin, I think he knows the application) or otherwise if there is a hydraulic hose shop in your neighborhood- more likely if there is agriculture in the area- they can make up a hose for you or put a new one on the hose you already have.

Or you can get fancy and buy AN adapter fittings and Aeroquip hose from Speedway Motors.
Do you have a link for them. I'm getting tired of having hoses made that work for a short time and then start leaking. The last time I had one made it worked for about 8 months but it's again leaking now.

lars

Contributor
Been here awhile
Loc.
NorCal flatlands
SaddleUp said:
Do you have a link for them. I'm getting tired of having hoses made that work for a short time and then start leaking. The last time I had one made it worked for about 8 months but it's again leaking now.

Airplane link (I'm very slowly building an RV-7): http://www.vansaircraft.com/

Speedway Motors: http://www.speedwaymotors.com/Default.asp?wc=true

Hose and fittings that I used: hose n' fittings
Adapter fittings: adapter fittings

If you get stuck I have the full set of Eaton Weatherhead catalogs, including Aeroquip, at my office. I can look up part numbers, etc. Happy to help.

SaddleUp

Bronco Guru
Loc.
Vancouver, WA
lars said:
Airplane link (I'm very slowly building an RV-7): http://www.vansaircraft.com/

Speedway Motors: http://www.speedwaymotors.com/Default.asp?wc=true

Hose and fittings that I used: hose n' fittings
Adapter fittings: adapter fittings

If you get stuck I have the full set of Eaton Weatherhead catalogs, including Aeroquip, at my office. I can look up part numbers, etc. Happy to help.
Thanks, I'll look everything over and see if I can piece together enough information to figure out what ends I need. I'm going from a 90 Grand Marquis PS pump to a 2000 or 2001 Super Duty Hydroboost that has the original adapter tubes to fit standard PS hoses. This then goes to the PS box that was put on by the previous owner. My assumption is that it is either a stock PS swap or a Duff's PS box based on all of the other Duff's parts I've found on it.

Going back to the aircraft link. That is something I have thought of doing myself and by the looks of it the kit you have will be a nice one. I probably would have but my father in law passed away several years ago when he was taking off and crashed into the woods a few miles from here. Every time I mentioned taking flying lessons after that my wife showed concern so I don't even mention it anymore. He was a good man that I would like my children to have known as they grew up. Unfortunately only one of them was born at the time and he was too young to remember his Grandpa. I was an aircraft mechanic when I was in the service 20+ years ago and I was about 1/2 of the way to getting my A&P license before I realized that no matter how good my grades were A&P's don't make very good money.