• Welcome to ClassicBroncos! - You are currently viewing the forums as a GUEST. To take advantage of all the site features, please take a moment to register. It's fast, simple and absolutely free. So please join our community today!
    If you have problems registering or can't log into your account, please contact Admin.

Aluminum slots polishing

Mac2Night

Bronco Guru
can anyone recommend where someone can have a set of aluminum slots polished in Atlanta-area?

Also, what can someone expect to pay for polishing?

Thanks,
Mac

bronconut73

Bronco Guru
Most truck stops have a guy that polishes and more importantly "seals" aluminum wheels and trim.
If you're lucky he's a little crack head that'll do it for next to nothing. That may sound a little harsh but I've hit up a number of truck stops and it seems like every time it's a squirrely looking little Feller that I wouldn't trust to leave my vehicle with but every time does a great job on the wheels

trailerjack

Contributor
Bronco Guru
Loc.
Central Texas
Blue magic....get it at autozone for around 10 bucks. Polish it with a power drill till it turns black, then wipe off with a cotton t shirt.

I polished an entire Airstream trailer with that stuff and it is amazing.

Use a power drill and the little buffer wheels that come with most polishing kits and you will be amazed.

Attachments

• IMG_8241.jpg
    IMG_8241.jpg
    114.7 KB · Views: 145

txtruk15

Contributor
Loc.
Highland Village, TX
Blue magic....get it at autozone for around 10 bucks. Polish it with a power drill till it turns black, then wipe off with a cotton t shirt.

Use a power drill and the little buffer wheels that come with most polishing kits and you will be amazed.

dude, those results are amazing....

txtruk15

Contributor
Loc.
Highland Village, TX
Most truck stops have a guy that polishes and more importantly "seals" aluminum wheels and trim.
If you're lucky he's a little crack head that'll do it for next to nothing. That may sound a little harsh but I've hit up a number of truck stops and it seems like every time it's a squirrely looking little Feller that I wouldn't trust to leave my vehicle with but every time does a great job on the wheels

I'm going to be laughing for a couple of days on the "squirrely looking little Feller" comment. There's a few of those SLLFs around my neighborhood....

Juiceman

Contributor

Beautiful Airstream....

kylakekevin

Contributor
Bronco Guru
Before and after shot . I used a power ball and mother's metal polish. I did acid wash it first also

Attachments

• 20190311_153558.jpg
    20190311_153558.jpg
    107.9 KB · Views: 139
  • 20190313_205925.jpg
    20190313_205925.jpg
    86.9 KB · Views: 150
  • 20190312_191253.jpg
    20190312_191253.jpg
    91.1 KB · Views: 135

trailerjack

Contributor
Bronco Guru
Loc.
Central Texas
Beautiful Airstream....

Thanks man! We actually were running a mobile photobooth out of it and would do weddings and other events. It was pretty fun, but boy you should have seen some of the tight spots I had to fit that thing into....it was hair-raising!

sprdv1

Contributor
REBEL
turned out very nice....

svastano

Contributor
Bronco Guru
Loc.
Pulaski, PA
If you have an air buffer and some of the Mother's aluminum polish you can do it yourself. Just takes time and elbow grease!

tasker

Contributor
all knowing of nothing
Loc.
NH
COST me 60....put I had a local guy do my spare. It was really bad but very happy with the end product!

Attachments

• W.jpg
    W.jpg
    86.9 KB · Views: 68
  • W2.jpg
    W2.jpg
    123.4 KB · Views: 51

West Tn Dawg

BULLDOG
Loc.
Kenton
Just another option............
I use White Diamond Polish. It does an amazing job on my wheels.
You can get it at Orielly's use the same steps as mentioned above.