• Just a reminder that you won't be able to start new posts or reply to existings posts in the Archive forum.

This is where all the old posts go so they can still be used for reference and searched.
  • Welcome to ClassicBroncos! - You are currently viewing the forums as a GUEST. To take advantage of all the site features, please take a moment to register. It's fast, simple and absolutely free. So please join our community today!
    If you have problems registering or can't log into your account, please contact Admin.

Always wanted to say I found a barn find!

West Tn Dawg

BULLDOG
Loc.
Kenton
I was working in Indiana last week and spotted a Bronco in a backyard. There was a lady sitting on the front porch so I pulled in. She said I was welcome to look. I asked her if it was for sale. She said her husband had just passed away and had planned to restore it. I was walking around it and she said there are two more in the barn!!! WHAT??????
She said she would get the keys if I wanted to look at them. I walked in the shop and there were two half cabs. She said one was a 67 and the other she believed was a 69. Not sure what the full cab outside was. She was getting emotional, so I didn't quiz her too much I even forgot to take any pictures. She was going to the lawyer that afternoon to open the will. I gave her my card and told her if she decided to sell, give me a call. I may not buy them but I could probably help her sell them. I will be back in the area in two weeks. Plan to check with her then.

BTW- I know where a 77 has been sitting in a barn for about 15 years, in TN. The guy won't even let me look at it!

catfan

Contributor
Had my eye on a 77 and have been trying to buy it, every few years I go back and look, the body just keeps rusting away but he still won't sell.

Scott C.

Loc.
Waynetown IN
That is south of Indy. It's about an hour and a half or so from me. Good luck, hope you can get them bought!!

sprdv1

Contributor
REBEL
Good stuff brother, Nice to find those like that even though it's Sad that the hubby passed away for sure.

Texasslim

Barn finds can be nice, something preserved in time, unfortunately you dont always find out why it was retired and the work begins. My barn find came with a file titled " my baby" and multiple wasp nests in every opening, took months to clean them out, and after two years one will fall out from who knows where.