• Welcome to ClassicBroncos! - You are currently viewing the forums as a GUEST. To take advantage of all the site features, please take a moment to register. It's fast, simple and absolutely free. So please join our community today!
    If you have problems registering or can't log into your account, please contact Admin.

Amazon power brake conversion

DSGStang

Loc.
Katy, TX
I’ve got some Amazon gift cards and I found a power brake conversion on there. I wanted to know if anyone has used it before. Waste of money or will it work ok?

A-Team Performance Power Brake Conversion Kit Firewall Mount Disc/Drum or Disc/Disc Drum/Drum Compatible with 1966-1977 Ford Bronco https://www.amazon.com/dp/B06Y288KY8/ref=cm_sw_r_cp_api_i_SqLKEbAZ90FJV

Any advice is appreciated. Also I realize this will not be high performance but if it works that’s an upgrade from what I have.

-Ryan

BroncoNE

Interesting - good price it if's quality parts. I'm upgrading soon to front disc so I'll follow this thread...

OP
OP
DSGStang

DSGStang

Loc.
Katy, TX
I went ahead and bought it and so far I’m very happy with it. Everything was packaged well and instructions that came with it were pretty detailed. Only thing left out of the instructions was to make the vacuum connection to the booster. It also did not include a vacuum hose or means to connect to the engine. I went out and bought a nipple that threaded in on the back side of my intake and some 11/32” PCV hose.

Just finished the install and took it for a test drive. I’m very happy with the difference as it is night and day from my manual brakes. Can’t wait to drive it more and maybe the wife will be less nervous to drive it now.

malibubronco

I saw this too just last night on AMZ. Looks like a lot of the others I see for twice the price. Thanks for posting.

norm02

This is pretty tempting and I’d love to add some additional stopping power and this would be nice upgrade until I’ve got the need for a stronger set up.

My Bronco currently has drum/drum with the single res master cylinder so I’m assuming I’d need to add a proportioning valve?