• Just a reminder that you won't be able to start new posts or reply to existings posts in the Archive forum.

This is where all the old posts go so they can still be used for reference and searched.
  • Welcome to ClassicBroncos! - You are currently viewing the forums as a GUEST. To take advantage of all the site features, please take a moment to register. It's fast, simple and absolutely free. So please join our community today!
    If you have problems registering or can't log into your account, please contact Admin.

amsoil anyone using this oil?

nobodysfool

Loc.
wheatfield,new york
thinking of switching oil. the bradpenn is to hard to get the only one with the zinc levels is 20-50 racing oil.went online and was looking at the amsoil site they have a product called z-rod synthetic oil with high levels of zinc stuff looks decent (9.80 a quart)there is a dealer down the road from me.or should i just use regular oil and use a zinc additive.is it ok to go to synthetic my eb is not a daily driver.302 4bbl,with a mild cam what do u guys think?

miikee73

Shadetree Guru
Loc.
Aloha
I'm useing the Z-rod in mine.Had concerns about zinc levels in conventional oil.In fact I'm putting Amsoil in all my cars.
I paid a fee to be a dealer for a year and you get a cut on the price.I bought 16 Qts for the 3 vehicles so it paid for me to go that route. They also send you a lot of info about their oils and gear lubes.

asinor

Bronco Guru
Loc.
Tulsa, OK
I like Amsoil products, low ash and high zinc content. I don't use it on my EB, it leaks to much to justify the price.

T.Myers

Amsoil makes a great product, I have been running Amsoil products in my Duramax for several years and have been very pleased with it. I just bought my Bronco a couple of months ago, I will start using Amsoil products for it as I rebuild the components.

broncotom

Loc.
CO,100 Miles to Moab
I've used it in my wifes car and my truck for about 4 maybe 5 years. I think they make a great product. I don't use it in my Bronco for the reason that was stated by other... it leaks too much to justify it.

ManTruck

Bronco Guru
I used the two cycle oil in my 150 hp Mercury for years and used the gear oil in the lower case. I think it is good for what I was doing. Not sure about the Bronco. Not in it and may not be. Just not sure I need to for the Bronco.

vaquerojw

I have used amsoil for the past 6 our 7 yrs and am also a dealer. Ask the dealer near you about the free 6 month preferred customer and you can get the dealer price. I use it in 3 motorcycles,6 cars and the bronco:D

Sent from my PC36100 using Tapatalk 2