• Just a reminder that you won't be able to start new posts or reply to existings posts in the Archive forum.

This is where all the old posts go so they can still be used for reference and searched.
  • Welcome to ClassicBroncos! - You are currently viewing the forums as a GUEST. To take advantage of all the site features, please take a moment to register. It's fast, simple and absolutely free. So please join our community today!
    If you have problems registering or can't log into your account, please contact Admin.

Another another paint question

Solar Aviator

I'm thinking about a two tone light blue/gray - dark blue/gray. Actually close to the background colors on this message board. I've been told that you can add a flattening agent to clearcoat to get a satin finish which is commonly applied over high end camo paint jobs. Anyone have any experience with this?

Pa PITT

Contributor
Bronco Guru
Loc.
Stephenville TEXAS
I'm NOT UP TO DATE ON THIS BUT BE CAREFUL WITH FLATTEN AGENTS ....
They do cause problems I sold Dupoint for 30 years ...once years ago I put flatten in some black to put skunk stripes on a yellow vega 73 street rod I had
well let me tell you .....It said only flatten in the top coat ...and that is what it mint...my stripes were a little striked to me so I put on a 2nd coat front to rear .....damn The hole the cracked or the real term is crazed.....Look at and old china dish and the finish will be crazed .....I thought no problem I'll sand it out ....not, It went all the way thru the primer to the metal .....An it was hard..so be careful ....

SeaBiscuit68

Bronco Guru
Loc.
Tacoma Wa
You should be able to order your clear in the finish you want. Easier that way. At least I'd be very surprised if you couldn't.