• Just a reminder that you won't be able to start new posts or reply to existings posts in the Archive forum.

This is where all the old posts go so they can still be used for reference and searched.
  • Welcome to ClassicBroncos! - You are currently viewing the forums as a GUEST. To take advantage of all the site features, please take a moment to register. It's fast, simple and absolutely free. So please join our community today!
    If you have problems registering or can't log into your account, please contact Admin.

Another Art Carr/Tuffy Console Question?/Update, I think I figured it out.

needabronco

Bronco Guru
Loc.
Prescott/Farmington
I already ran a search. Has anybody run an Art Carr Shifter next to an 8" Tuffy console between the seats? I think that is the route I'd like to take, but why reinvent the wheel if one of you guys has already??? Thanks. Casey

Last edited:

jedblake

Loc.
Boulder City, NV
I have not. But that sounds like a tight squeeze, maybe the Art-Carr in front of the Tuffy if you have the space?
I'm running a Hurst Pro-matic and plan on doing a custom center console that will accomodate my auto shifter, cup holders and locking storage. It won't have the security of the Tuffy but it will look good and suit my needs.

ZookBronc

Loc.
South Orange County
I think it wont fit in between the seats and the tuffy. Most people mount it in front of the console. Here are some pictures to give you ideas.

Attachments

• art carr1.jpg
    art carr1.jpg
    68.7 KB · Views: 82
  • art carr.jpg
    art carr.jpg
    137.2 KB · Views: 127

SC74

Contributor
Bronco Guru
OP
OP
needabronco

needabronco

Bronco Guru
Loc.
Prescott/Farmington
I was looking at SC74's setup, and I like it, but I really want the shifter next to the seat. Anybody know of a console that would fit? Maybe I'll just forgo the console idea. Thanks again.

tuffy

I was looking at SC74's setup, and I like it, but I really want the shifter next to the seat. Anybody know of a console that would fit? Maybe I'll just forgo the console idea. Thanks again.

Can't answer your question exactly, but if you find that you need just a little more space, you can use the 6.5" wide console instead of the 8" wide. It has all of the same features, etc. but is a little narrower. If you want the console with the stereo compartment, the front 4" are still 8" wide to accomodate the stereo.

OP
OP
needabronco

needabronco

Bronco Guru
Loc.
Prescott/Farmington
Think I figured it out?

Well, my rough measurements with stock seats gives me 10" between them, theres roughly 1"+ more if you push the seat padding out of the way. The Samurai Tuffy measures 5.25" wide, the Art CarrShifter w/o the plastic cover is 5" wide.

Anybody see any potential problems with this setup?

The Sammy Tuffy doesn't have a stereo slot, but still has cup holders...

Gummi Bear

Bronco Guru
I dunno about y'all, but I plan to put my shifter in a custom enclosure beneath the dash (kind of vertical, it's cable actuated, it doesn't care about it's orientation), in front of the t-case shifters. I don't want it under my knee, I plan to spend a lot of time in there when it's finished.

I'm building a custom transmission hump and dash to facilitate my idea.

OP
OP
needabronco

needabronco

Bronco Guru
Loc.
Prescott/Farmington
Think I figured it out?

Think I figured it out?

Well, my rough measurements with stock seats gives me 10" between them, theres roughly 1"+ more if you push the seat padding out of the way. The Samurai Tuffy measures 5.25" wide, the Art CarrShifter w/o the plastic cover is 5" wide.

Anybody see any potential problems with this setup?

The Sammy Tuffy doesn't have a stereo slot, but still has cup holders...

Anybody else have any ideas?