• Just a reminder that you won't be able to start new posts or reply to existings posts in the Archive forum.

This is where all the old posts go so they can still be used for reference and searched.
  • Welcome to ClassicBroncos! - You are currently viewing the forums as a GUEST. To take advantage of all the site features, please take a moment to register. It's fast, simple and absolutely free. So please join our community today!
    If you have problems registering or can't log into your account, please contact Admin.

Another Bronco use.. stump puller..

cracker

Bronco Guru
Loc.
Pueblo, Colorado
Getting ready to pour a cement pad for my wife's garage, needed to remove a stump in the way. After using the pick-axe, the Bronco was called into duty with the winch to pull the stump..

Attachments

• SDC10961.jpg
    SDC10961.jpg
    103 KB · Views: 167
  • SDC10962.jpg
    SDC10962.jpg
    160.4 KB · Views: 188
  • SDC10916.jpg
    SDC10916.jpg
    136.6 KB · Views: 170

asinor

Bronco Guru
Loc.
Tulsa, OK
Chain, 4L, drive. Occasionally have to dig around the roots with a small spade to get the chain under a big one. Works like a charm. Wouldn't use my winch though.

OP
OP
cracker

cracker

Bronco Guru
Loc.
Pueblo, Colorado
Chain, 4L, drive. Occasionally have to dig around the roots with a small spade to get the chain under a big one. Works like a charm. Wouldn't use my winch though.

Pulling with the EB, without the winch is bad. I tried it WAY before I had a winch. The winch is SO much easier and less stress on the Bronco. %)

matt w

Bronco Guru
In my younger days I used a thick nylon type rope, When the stump broke loose it flew the 15-20 feet & hit right between the 2 windows on the van I was using!:eek:;D....3 more inches either way and I would have had to replace the glass...never did fix the dent on the dent where the two doors came together! I was lucky!..also I use a blanket on anything like that from now on!;D%)

Tom Dummer

Loc.
Scappoose, Or
I winched a Juniper out (tried to anyway) from the house side of a sidewalk a few years back. I squared up to the curb and started winching away. PTO winches are pretty tough, but when the rear tires lifted off the ground I backed off.
Lately I've been pulling trees by throwing the cable around the tree at about 6 feet up. I didn't see the cable fall to the base and when the cable let loose, the Bronco shook so hard my rear view mirror hit the rear window! (still can't get the damned glue to hold it back on)