• Just a reminder that you won't be able to start new posts or reply to existings posts in the Archive forum.

This is where all the old posts go so they can still be used for reference and searched.
  • Welcome to ClassicBroncos! - You are currently viewing the forums as a GUEST. To take advantage of all the site features, please take a moment to register. It's fast, simple and absolutely free. So please join our community today!
    If you have problems registering or can't log into your account, please contact Admin.

Another seat belt question

daddycreswell

Contributor
Bronco Guru
Loc.
Lebanon, TN
I ordered some 3 pt belts off ebay, they came in yesterday. What's the best way to mount the 3rd point? Do I use an exsisting hole in the floor? I am going to mount the retract part at the bottom of the roll bar. What's the best way to get them to unroll, I don't see a release? Also, I bought the belts for the front and rear, I am adding to the back of the roll bar so I can add them to the rear bench. What's the best method to mount them, bungs, or drill hole then sleeve the hole and use a bolt? Thanks

Attachments

• 13202.10.jpg
    13202.10.jpg
    51.5 KB · Views: 14

broncobliss

Loc.
Half Moon Bay
You can mount that tab to the same bolt that is holding the retractor, if you don't have a good existing hole from the old seatbelt, a common bolt to use is one from the rollbar baseplate. Be careful not to place bolts trough sheet metal where they can be torn out in a crash.

xcntrk

Bronco Guru
Loc.
NOVA
If you're mounting the retractor box at the bottom of one your cage pillars, then mount that other end at the foot pad for the cage. Here's a pic of how I did mine as described:

Attachments

• IMG_6608.web.jpg
    IMG_6608.web.jpg
    46.1 KB · Views: 63
OP
OP
daddycreswell

daddycreswell

Contributor
Bronco Guru
Loc.
Lebanon, TN