• Just a reminder that you won't be able to start new posts or reply to existings posts in the Archive forum.

This is where all the old posts go so they can still be used for reference and searched.
  • Welcome to ClassicBroncos! - You are currently viewing the forums as a GUEST. To take advantage of all the site features, please take a moment to register. It's fast, simple and absolutely free. So please join our community today!
    If you have problems registering or can't log into your account, please contact Admin.

Another whats it worth?

ep67bro

Contributor
Bronco Junky
Loc.
Easton, MD
May have to sell my 1973 sport. This was a project that my father and I started about 3 years ago. He has lost interest and needs the money I dont think I have the money to buy him out. This is a list of some of the things I have done. I am sure I have forgoten some things. Give me honest numbers.

1973 bronco sport
302, C4 auto, 44 front, 9" big bearing rear, 4:10 gears, power steering.
Body was taken off frame. Frame was blasted primed and painted.
new 3.5" JBG lift
all new suspension bolts and hardware
1" body lift
all new brake lines from the MC to the wheels
all new brake shoes, hardware,and cylinders
new 33" x 12.5" x 15" Procomp MTs on 15" x 8" outlaw II rims
rebuilt 302 stock internals
New edlebrock intake with 500 cfm Edlebrock carb
new wild horses long tube headers new true dual exhaust
new radiator
new water pump
All new u joints
I have over $4,000 in reciepts not including any labor, used parts or the original price I paid for it!

Money ran out before we got to the body.
original seats front and rear good shape no rips.
tub is solid but need rear quarter panel work.
comes with solid hard top
Runs and drives great everything works except the parking brake!

Attachments

• comingtogether.JPG
    comingtogether.JPG
    31.1 KB · Views: 54
  • 73biop.JPG
    73biop.JPG
    24.2 KB · Views: 65
  • 73DS.JPG
    73DS.JPG
    23.8 KB · Views: 78
Last edited:

Nightstick

Bronco guy
As always it depends on what the buyer is willing to pay. It's probably worth a lot more to you than what you will be able to sell it for. If I had the money and needed another EB I'd pay $10,000-$12,000 for it.

I would try to hang onto it if at all possible, that's a nice rig!!!

broncnaz

Bronco Guru
Well kinda depends on how much dear old dad is willing to take if you dont have all the money he wants to buy him out. You might really want to talk to him about it. I would say your in the $8-12K price range as well so half of that to your dad if he doesnt need it all at once I would think you could work something out.
A far prices on parts that were installed well that really doesnt factor in at 100% when selling a vehicle at least not in my book but new parts do help the value. I would think it might sell fairly easy.
Does it have a fiberglass tub?

Explorer

Bronco Guru
Loc.
Raphine, Virginia
The 72 I sold last summer was comparable, almost exactly, got $7500 for it and felt I broke even. But I didn't have 4:11's, that should add a bit.

OP
OP
ep67bro

ep67bro

Contributor
Bronco Junky
Loc.
Easton, MD
The tub is steel and is pretty good shape. rust in the passenger rocker. minor rust in the body seam. The drivers side front fender could use to be replaced. Tail gate is all there but has rust in the bottom. I know you never get back out what you put into these trucks. I felt the value was around $7000. Maybe a little less. But if I finished the body work I thought it would be around $10,000 to $12,000. Sounds like I am on the right track. I would like to keep it but just dont know if I can hand out the coin right now!

trailpsycho

Bronco Guru
The tub is steel and is pretty good shape. rust in the passenger rocker. minor rust in the body seam. The drivers side front fender could use to be replaced. Tail gate is all there but has rust in the bottom. I know you never get back out what you put into these trucks. I felt the value was around $7000. Maybe a little less. But if I finished the body work I thought it would be around $10,000 to $12,000. Sounds like I am on the right track. I would like to keep it but just dont know if I can hand out the coin right now!

In my opinion, you are about right in your assessment of its current value...and the other posters are high with the rust and body work needed, there is no way thats a $10K truck...no offense. I am sure they are going off the pics, which, likely, represent the body better than the body represents itself.

It depends on who put most of their money into the truck. How much of your money or time is invested? If depends on if he "needs" the money, if so, he should sell it for whatever you can get out of it...but othewise, I think you should offer him $4-5K for it, if you can swing it....drive it and have fun until you can tackle the body. If you helped him work on it...he should look at it as a bonding opportunity/personal investment and not be too concerned about the difference in $...but not everybody handles their personals or their money that way. Either way, if you want it, I wish you luck.

hyghlndr

Contributor
Bronco Guru
Loc.
Hockessin, Delaware
4-6K would be my guess. There are nice painted ones for 10K or so. By the time you finish, paint, etc you would be lucky to break even.

OP
OP
ep67bro

ep67bro

Contributor
Bronco Junky
Loc.
Easton, MD
I did all the work on it myself except for the exhaust. I really dont "Need" the truck because I have my 67 and my wifes 73 and I can barely keep them on the road! Since half of the trucks parts were paid for by me I felt $3,500 would be about half of its value.

broncnaz

Bronco Guru
Yeah If there's rust then I was a little high but trying to judge from pictures can be hard. It just appeared that the rear fenders were flared similiar to fiberglass tubs and appeared to be broken if its rust then thats a different story.
But still if your not going to keep it. And if your not in a hurry to sell it then put it on the market for a higher amount and see what happens If your only looking to get $7K out of it then list it for $8-10K you will have a lot of wiggle room and the buyer thinks they are getting a deal.

OP
OP
ep67bro

ep67bro

Contributor
Bronco Junky
Loc.
Easton, MD
Well it looks like we are going to keep it for now. I am going to try and finsih up the body work this summer. Put it on the road and then see what we will do with it. Dad and I both thought we would kick our selves if we sold it before it was done! Thanks for all the input!