• Just a reminder that you won't be able to start new posts or reply to existings posts in the Archive forum.

This is where all the old posts go so they can still be used for reference and searched.
  • Welcome to ClassicBroncos! - You are currently viewing the forums as a GUEST. To take advantage of all the site features, please take a moment to register. It's fast, simple and absolutely free. So please join our community today!
    If you have problems registering or can't log into your account, please contact Admin.

another whats it worth?

cmd

Well after owning several OTHER 4wds i'm finally ready to dive into a early bronco and can't wait.I've had my fair share of cj's,scramblers and fj40's and 60's and all of these have been my weekend driver that i've always tinkered on and modified over the years.I've always wanted a bronco and have kept my eyes peeled for the right one and finally it's popped up locally.Sorry to ramble just thought i'd give a little history so ya'll know thats it's not going to be a garage queen or completely unmolested and stock.So here's what i'm hoping to come home with tommorow;D

1972-hardtop,302, np435,4.56s,new 37 bfg km2
body's descent shape,only issue no doors he's wanting 5ish for it but i'm hoping to get it in the 4k range.....just curious what everyone else thoughts are.In all my searching that price range is kinda a funny niche.use to be anything below 5k didn't last long.now i've seen some really nice drivers in that 5k-8k range sit for months without selling.%)

Nightstick

Bronco guy
It all depends on the condition of everything. If the engine has been somewhat recently rebuilt, tranny is fairly fresh, and body is close to being rust free that would be okay, but if everything is worn and the body is rusty that sounds pretty high.

Pictures help the most when determining value. If you can take some and become a contributor you can post them here. Look for rust on the inner front fenders, floor pan corners, sheet metal being replaced without the old stuff being taken out, etc. If it runs and drives take it for a spin. Go through all the gears and make sure 4WD works properly.

Hard to say with no pics though.

DonaldDouchebag

Bronco Guru
Sounds like you're a pretty seasoned 4x4 owner. I'm sure you know what to look for. All the mechanical stuff can be fixed so you can use any scary/inoperable mech. parts to talk him down on price. Just look for rust in the typical Bronco places like behind the rear wheelwells, rockers, doorposts, behind front wheeltubs, windshield frame, and front floors.