• Just a reminder that you won't be able to start new posts or reply to existings posts in the Archive forum.

This is where all the old posts go so they can still be used for reference and searched.
  • Welcome to ClassicBroncos! - You are currently viewing the forums as a GUEST. To take advantage of all the site features, please take a moment to register. It's fast, simple and absolutely free. So please join our community today!
    If you have problems registering or can't log into your account, please contact Admin.

any custom grills? lets see some pictures!

RustyShackelfor

Bronco Guru
Loc.
Centerville, TN
Grillz.JPG

OP
OP

4x4jumper

hahahahaha i had a feeling i would get this! any ford early bronco grills? now that i have to be more specific!

bmc69

Contributor
Bronco Guru
Mine has a 6" x 6" piece cut out to clear the motor for my pusher fan. Should I post a pic of that?

Scoop

Contributor
Have Bronco, Will Travel
Loc.
Cuchara, CO
Here's one (my apologies to cesco!) -

Attachments

• PA090274 S.jpg
    PA090274 S.jpg
    137.1 KB · Views: 175

recoiljunky

Bronco Guru
Loc.
Dothan, AL. USA
Since it's been a year since I've had headlights, I'll consider mine a custom grill. ;)

SNC00581.jpg

It is a newer grill modified to have the old style lights, so that's custom, right?

LiveFromNY

Loc.
Austin, TX
a newer grill modified to have the old style lights, so that's custom, right?

I just restored my grill and really hate thos thick rubbber mounts on the turn signal lenses. It looks like the lenses you used, earlier style, install without using the rubber mounts? Is that correct? What kind of modifications did you have to do?

LiveFromNY

Loc.
Austin, TX
Found a link with the procedure. Looks like I just cut out the bracket and bend the tabs in for mounting. I have to do this...

OP
OP

4x4jumper

well thanks for the one actual picture of a custom grill (scoop)...

come on guys! any modern looking grills on early broncos?

RustyShackelfor

Bronco Guru
Loc.
Centerville, TN
Prolly not a lot. Anything else would just be screwing it up. I cant imagine, especially with the way it is designed, that anything would actually look good.

Tito

CB Fire Starter
Loc.
Bakersfield, CA
I have contemplated a second set of round headlights in place of the turn signals, a little smaller than the headlights, kinda like Big Oly.

Attachments

• BigOly.jpg
    BigOly.jpg
    43.3 KB · Views: 51

Rox Crusher

Bronco Guru
I think the grill is one of the sacred parts of the rig that makes it an EB

perfect as is, no reason to change

horsewpt69

Bronco Guru
Loc.
Industry, Pa
I kinda think that aside of Big "Oly", there hasn't been much else out there that looks right. I gotta go with Rox CO Bronco on this one and say that Henry got it right the first time and we need not fix what ain't broke.

Skiddy

Bronco Guru
here is about the only other one i have seen.

Attachments

• 000000U1.jpg
    000000U1.jpg
    61 KB · Views: 112
OP
OP

4x4jumper

anyone seen that bronco for sale with the ranger front grill? i like it! anyone else done that?

jedblake

Loc.
Boulder City, NV
At $500 for a new grill I can see why owners are creative w/ the Bronco II and other grills. I do agree that Ford hit a home run w/ the EB grill but these other Ford grills dont look that bad IMO