• Welcome to ClassicBroncos! - You are currently viewing the forums as a GUEST. To take advantage of all the site features, please take a moment to register. It's fast, simple and absolutely free. So please join our community today!
    If you have problems registering or can't log into your account, please contact Admin.

Any custom hood scoops out there?

jms5580

Loc.
Bozeman, MT
I vaguely remember seeing pics somewhere of a cowl induction scoop that someone fabricated by cutting the stock lines in a steel hood. Anyone out there try this or know anything about doing it? Just looking for some pointers before I start hacking away at mine.

ObscureMachine

Seatbelt Orifice Officer
Loc.
World Headquarters
Don't know anything about that, but I 've been thinking about adding a scoop to mine. I've gotten a bunch of ideas for my 08 mustang and have wondered if they would work on the bronco.

nvrstuk

Contributor
Just a Bronco driver for over 50 yrs!
I've gotta admit that the cheapest, coolest hood scoop (go ahead and laugh) is an ACE steel wheelbarrow that a buddy of mine molded and fit onto his hood. It looks great, NOBODY would ever know. Gauge of steel is just right, taper is just right, overall size is just right... and for sure the price was just right! ;D

Yes, the wood handlebars and tire were removed... : )

ObscureMachine

Seatbelt Orifice Officer
Loc.
World Headquarters
I've gotta admit that the cheapest, coolest hood scoop (go ahead and laugh) is an ACE steel wheelbarrow that a buddy of mine molded and fit onto his hood. It looks great, NOBODY would ever know. Gauge of steel is just right, taper is just right, overall size is just right... and for sure the price was just right! ;D

Yes, the wood handlebars and tire were removed... : )

Dude! You have to post a picture of that!

Desert Dweller

Loc.
Central WA
Just be forewarned that I don't think it helps with cooling/air flow from engine compartment. (looks cool, tho) After the build, I was curious about air flow. So, put some crepe paper on the hood with tape and ran it. It lets air out of the engine compartment up to 10 mph, that at 11 and above, the cowl induction effect takes over and air starts going into the engine compartment. (it's easy to see in the winter, as snow gets blown in). So, if one is trying to gain more air out of the engine compartment, it's not the answer. That's what we get for driving boxes.....:cool:

ObscureMachine

Seatbelt Orifice Officer
Loc.
World Headquarters
I've wanted one like this for my mustang, but I'm wondering if it could work on the bronco. First two are 3D Carbon Scoops. Last one is a 2013 mustang scoop.

Attachments

• 3d691017c.jpg
    3d691017c.jpg
    152.5 KB · Views: 7
  • 3d691017a.jpg
    3d691017a.jpg
    145 KB · Views: 9
  • ABSHS-03 (1).jpg
    ABSHS-03 (1).jpg
    96.9 KB · Views: 11

bronc50

There is always the old stand by 79-82 mustang scoop fits and look great on a eb

OP
OP
jms5580

jms5580

Loc.
Bozeman, MT
Ok--- here's a link to a whole desertation on hood scoops, cowl induction, etc. :cool:
( and the infamous wheelbarrow)

http://www.classicbroncos.com/forums/showthread.php?t=182594&highlight=hood+scoop

That's the thread I was looking for! I stumbled across carb hats, which I've been searching for but didn't know the correct term. My issue is that I'm putting a q-jet on my 302, no body lift. The adapter for spread to square-bore is about 3/4" on top of my performer intake. I'm not sure if it's going to fit.