• Just a reminder that you won't be able to start new posts or reply to existings posts in the Archive forum.

This is where all the old posts go so they can still be used for reference and searched.
  • Welcome to ClassicBroncos! - You are currently viewing the forums as a GUEST. To take advantage of all the site features, please take a moment to register. It's fast, simple and absolutely free. So please join our community today!
    If you have problems registering or can't log into your account, please contact Admin.

Any Florida members going To Fun Ford Weekend ??

DonsBolt

Bronco Guru
Loc.
Chestnut Hill, Mass
Yo guys I will be in orlando this weekend, and will be at Fun Ford Weekend. So far no race vehical, but I am working on a getting to race a Saleen F150 for the weekend.

I will keep a eye on the car show and see if any broncos show up

Look for a guy with a Red Sox T shirt, as I bet it will be me.

If you going let me know, I would love to meet a Bronco brother

Don

yANK

Bronco Guru
Loc.
Saint Cloud
were is it i might run up to see you with my son we have all weekend. send your cell mine is 321 229 3259 chris williams

yANK

Bronco Guru
Loc.
Saint Cloud
I will be there on sat , i will call you chris williams saint cloud any one else in florida going? I will drive just meet me at my house

bax

Contributor
Old Member
Don, I may go. Did a lot of racing at that track. It is kind of a dump and fills up fast but it could be a good time. Also sound like a good drive in the Bronco.

Bax

bax

Contributor
Old Member
I was just looking on there web to get more info. I think today is the best. The bronco needs a long trip break in anyway. Shoot me your # PM if you like.
Bax

tasker

Contributor
all knowing of nothing
Loc.
NH
Don, my brother is down there as well. Good weather from what i hear, especially since we got another 8" last night and it's still snowing!!!

bax

Contributor
Old Member
I am leaving now, Wish me luck, first trip out of town with the bronco. 50 miles one way,and yes I am driving it. No trailer. Yes on tools.

Madgyver

Bronco Madman
Have fun!!

It would be a hell of a drive from where I'm at..............%)

bax

Contributor
Old Member
Well the ride over was good. Got to meet Don and ran into Chris Williams there too. Lots of nice toys over there. Don was super nice and managed to get my truck into the pits. We parked it where his group could keep an eye on it. I watched Don race his loaner truck. It only ran 14's but he was having fun. There were some 200 mph cars there. My daughter and I had some fun walking and looking around. We stayed for the first round and decided to head for home. Good thing because we had some problems coming back. About half way home I lost high gear in the trans. AOD.
I coasted to the side of the road and pulled over. I got out to have a look and found no leaks, fluid looked good, and the fluid level was good too. It seemed kinda hot but I had the cooler running. Sat on the side of the road letting it cool off and coming up with a plan. I knew there was a fish camp down the road a few miles and figured I could get there if I could keep the lower gears. I eased it down the side of the road. If I tried to go too fast it would slip and I would lose drive. I eased it up to about 25 mph and got it to the fish camp. Here is the best part. I called my wife and asked her to hook up the trailer and load the ramps, chain,come along, straps. my wife along with my oldest daughter "got er done" and came to the rescue. I was really proud of them. While we waited for rescue we found it necessary to go into the fish camp and have cold drinks and food. rescue showed up and he loaded the truck and came home. I also dont have reverse. At least I found out where my mystery noise was coming from. Thats covered on a different thread. Time to pull the trans.
A good family outing.

Bax

OP
OP
DonsBolt

DonsBolt

Bronco Guru
Loc.
Chestnut Hill, Mass
Sorry to hear about the trans, but it was great meeting you, your daughter(if I were only younger) Chriss and his sons.

You must have sneeked out while I was making my 3rd qualifing run

Got a good little sun burn, raced, and got to drive Bax's bronco, all in all a awesome day. Now if I win tomorow it will be a wicked awesome weekend,

:cool:

bax

Contributor
Old Member
Sorry to hear about the trans, but it was great meeting you, your daughter(if I were only younger) Chriss and his sons.

You must have sneeked out while I was making my 3rd qualifing run

Got a good little sun burn, raced, and got to drive Bax's bronco, all in all a awesome day. Now if I win tomorow it will be a wicked awesome weekend,

:cool:

Yes Don, it's a good time. I looked for you but your truck was gone, so you may have been in the lanes. That thing get any faster? yes on the sun burn, both my daughter and I have fishing guide face. I hope you have a wicked awesome weekend. Good meeting you. No big deal on the trans, JW built it and he will make it right. I have known him since the 80's. I saw some of his stuff at the track. Your not still at the track? I thought you had to run tonight?

Bax

tasker

Contributor
all knowing of nothing
Loc.
NH
Bum deal Bax, hope everything works out. Don, go after it! Sounds like a good one!