• Just a reminder that you won't be able to start new posts or reply to existings posts in the Archive forum.

This is where all the old posts go so they can still be used for reference and searched.
  • Welcome to ClassicBroncos! - You are currently viewing the forums as a GUEST. To take advantage of all the site features, please take a moment to register. It's fast, simple and absolutely free. So please join our community today!
    If you have problems registering or can't log into your account, please contact Admin.

any interest?

73stallion

Bronco Guru
Loc.
Eugene, OR
i still haven't figured out where this came from or who makes them, but i have a local friend who said he can make them for me. it's basically a ID tag for your rig, displaying all the mechanical data. this one was designed for street rods, but i'm planning on making a few changes on it for our broncos. i can either have them made with the same script shown on this one, or i can have them made with another *cough cough* popular script. pricing if i can get enough people in on them would be about $10 a piece. engraving would be your responsibility.

i'm planning on eliminating the builder box, and adding another diff box (so you'll have one for front and one for rear). it already has a box for ratio. i'll also have one added for t-case.

Attachments

• DSCF0019.JPG
    DSCF0019.JPG
    124.4 KB · Views: 227

brian72

Early Bronco Student
that would replace the paper one covered in plastic that was on the driver side door post.

Pa PITT

Contributor
Bronco Guru
Loc.
Stephenville TEXAS
KOOL I'D like one also ...how would you go about engraving it ...one of those
pens that viberate or would they need to be cnc ....

MarsChariot

Contributor
Planetary Offroader
Loc.
Albuquerque, New Mexico
Here are the mods I would make:

Make Model Year
Vehicle Identification No.
Engine MFG C.I. HP
Induction Type
Trans Rear Axle Size
Diff ratio Front Model Rear Model
Paint No. Color
Builder

Explanation of above changes
1. Need more room for Engine MFG (for “Ford Racing” or whatever)
2. Should have space for carb or EFI manifold etc specs
2. Need to specify axle size ( if big bearing, small)
3. need diff ratios and diff type (D30, D44, 9-inch
4. Don’t need “paint by”
5. Interior colors, material, who did it are less important
6. Plate should be narrow but tall, so that it can fit the door post area mentioned above.
7. Top should just say “Bronco”
8. Might have room at bottom for multiple “Purchase Date” s as a way to track history

jjwtwice

Loc.
IGH, MN
I'd love one, but it will be a couple of years before I even know what will end up in the final product.

widowmaker77

Contributor
I would be in for one also. What are the chances of getting it small enough to fit door post?

OP
OP
73stallion

73stallion

Bronco Guru
Loc.
Eugene, OR
let me look into making it a bit smaller. problem is it'd leave less room for info.

looks like we have almost enough interest, i'll talk to him sunday.