• Just a reminder that you won't be able to start new posts or reply to existings posts in the Archive forum.

This is where all the old posts go so they can still be used for reference and searched.
  • Welcome to ClassicBroncos! - You are currently viewing the forums as a GUEST. To take advantage of all the site features, please take a moment to register. It's fast, simple and absolutely free. So please join our community today!
    If you have problems registering or can't log into your account, please contact Admin.

Any one in Norfolk, VA area?

speedysprocket

Hello,
I'm getting in deeper with my first project Bronco. It's a 73 that was sold to me as needing less work than I am finding it really needs.
I was wondering if there is anyone on here who is in the Norfolk area and would be able to take a look at what I have and help me find out what I need.
Thanks,
Alex

NC-Fordguy

Bronco Guru
Loc.
Bethel/Greenville NC
Hello,
I'm getting in deeper with my first project Bronco. It's a 73 that was sold to me as needing less work than I am finding it really needs.
I was wondering if there is anyone on here who is in the Norfolk area and would be able to take a look at what I have and help me find out what I need.
Thanks,
Alex

I'm sure there are some fellas in the area....I'm bout 1.5 hour away(depending on 64 traffic) in NC

Bronco Biff

Contributor
Hey Speedy!! there is actually a whole boatload as proved last year by holding a little meet and greet in Va Beach. 4x4x289 spearheaded it. Got a little E-mail list started and the group is TidewaterBroncos.org. Where ya at in Norfolk?

fromme

Loc.
Suffolk, VA
I'm in Suffolk. I'm in the same boat as you though. Just picked up a 71 a couple months ago which was supposed to be ready to wheel. I've since replaced both head gaskets, rebuilt the front end when I found the ring gear had about 6 broken teeth and the diff was packed with mud and water. Everything was shot. The doors fit terribly and are in worse shape than I thought, etc.... Now I'm finding the 5.0 conversion was done terribly as far as wiring goes and I'm in the middle of rewiring the whole thing.
I'll be glad to help when I'm finished with mine, lol. There is a Bronco club in the area and I can forward the info to you.

OP
OP
S

speedysprocket

I got some info on the Tidewater club, but their site is still down. I bought this truck with the guy telling me it needed almost no body work. At this point I have the whole cowl and windshield base gone, I feel like I need new kick panels, at least the driver's side dash panel and some flooring. Sheet metal was replaced in the past, and it's thin and was installed poorly. Furthermore, the body was in a fire, so thin sheet metal is also warped...

Explorer

Bronco Guru
Loc.
Raphine, Virginia
That Bronco sounds familiar, did you get it locally? I know of a couple members in your area, give them a little time and maybe one will come forward to help you out. Sunday night is a busy night on this forum.

4G5

Loc.
Newport News,VA
Hey buddy, I'm in BadNews, Va. right down the road from ya. I'm in Norfolk/Va. Beach everyday. P.M. me and I'll give ya phone number. Where in Norfolk are ya? I'll swing by and see what ya got. I will forewarn you though, I am not a body man but may be able to help somehow. I'm getting ready to meet up with 4x4x289 soon myself on some issues I'm having with mine also. Let me know!

Later!
4G5

OP
OP
S

speedysprocket

I bought it from a Darrel in Va Beach. I live over off Chesapeake Blvd near E Little Creek. Nearly the whole front end looks like it was replaced in an afternoon...

JIMS74

Loc.
PORTSMOUTH, VA.
There are about 45 bronco owners in the area that are signed up with www.tidewaterbroncos.org. pm 4x4x289 and he can get you signed up and on the e-mail distrubution list if interested. There is also mid atlantic early broncos which is a great group of folks, and put on some great events like the meet and greet at hooters in richmond, jan 23. some of us will probally caravan up to it from the tidewater area. I live in portsmouth, and am currently doing a frame off on my 74. I would be willing to take a look at your bronco, and offer some sugestions. The best thing you could do is start a build thread with detailed pictures on here, and you will get some great advice and tips. good luck with your project.
Jim

4x4x289

Hello,
Thanks,
Alex

Hi Alex,

My son will be attempting to build the Tidewater Broncos website during this xmas break. Until then, you can visit http://photos.tidewaterbroncos.org/ for more information about Tidewater Broncos. You'll be pleasantly surprised at how many classic broncos are existing in the Hampton Roads area, and I'm sure many would be happy to help you. Shoot me an email to join. It costs nothing.

I look forward to meeting you. Biff and I had lunch today and it sounds like he also is interested in visiting you. I've been very busy at home with family matters. Maybe durring this xmas break I can come visit you, and 4G5. We can assess the damage and then keep an eye out for you for parts.

Later,
Scott
Tidewaterbroncos@aol.com

4G5

Loc.
Newport News,VA
Hi Alex,

My son will be attempting to build the Tidewater Broncos website during this xmas break. Until then, you can visit http://photos.tidewaterbroncos.org/ for more information about Tidewater Broncos. You'll be pleasantly surprised at how many classic broncos are existing in the Hampton Roads area, and I'm sure many would be happy to help you. Shoot me an email to join. It costs nothing.

I look forward to meeting you. Biff and I had lunch today and it sounds like he also is interested in visiting you. I've been very busy at home with family matters. Maybe durring this xmas break I can come visit you, and 4G5. We can assess the damage and then keep an eye out for you for parts.

Later,
Scott
Tidewaterbroncos@aol.com

Sounds good to me. Just let me know when and where. Look forward to it.

Edger6

Loc.
Hampton,
Hampton here, just got my first also 70 runnig project I need more body work then anything else. But I got a decent deal on it, Fact of the matter I have been driving it to 7 11 and to the auto parts store. But not to far.

J.K. Francis

Yo Speedy, drop me a private message on how to contact you. I'm in VA Beach and fresh off a '77 rebuild and can probably steer you in the right direction.... Mine needed new pans (complete),new kick panels, inside the front clips, etc... My guy can probably hop right on it.... I'll drive mine over so you can see the level of finish to see it that's what you want... Thanks, Jeff

Bronco Biff

Contributor
Well allright!! Nothing like pulling this one out of the weeds!!! Some more Bronco wrenching in the neighborhood!! Let's see some pics!

Pearlcoat

Contributor
Bronco Guru
Just a quick correction to JIMS74 post about the meet & greet in Richmond. The date is January 21 and I hope to see a whole bunch of you Tidewater guys and broncos there!! The info is on the website www.earlybroncos.com and posted here in another thread too.

Edger6

Loc.
Hampton,
Sorry about draggin it out of the weeds but thought it better then a new thread. Anyone want to do something sooner in the tidewater area. Anyone got parts they want to sell

ghettoct

Loc.
williamsburg
Sorry about draggin it out of the weeds but thought it better then a new thread. Anyone want to do something sooner in the tidewater area. Anyone got parts they want to sell

I've got some parts for sale. 5 1/2 wild horses lift kit, stock wheels, master cylinder lines, speedometer, air cleaner, heater box, main gas tank, auxiliary gas tank.

Here are links to my threads with pictures
http://classicbroncos.com/forums/showthread.php?t=195918
http://classicbroncos.com/forums/showthread.php?t=195929