• Welcome to ClassicBroncos! - You are currently viewing the forums as a GUEST. To take advantage of all the site features, please take a moment to register. It's fast, simple and absolutely free. So please join our community today!
    If you have problems registering or can't log into your account, please contact Admin.

Any words of wisdom. Thinking 89 dana 60 swap, Cage arms, & ORI's

Dirtroadjunkie

Curious if you guys have any warnings on this set up before I start spending $$$$. I already have the axle. One point of concern is the limited space on the drivers side of the axle. I've tried to find pictures of the cage arms, but haven't had a lot of luck. I might end up having to mount the ORI lower mounts on top of the cage bracket ??? Anybody already mastered this setup?

Thanks!

Apogee

Contributor
Bronco Guru
One word...saweet!

There are several very cool builds on here with the ORI's, so I'll let those folks chime in about their experiences, but I've been very impressed from what I've seen them do and would definitely consider them over a coilover solution. As for the CAGE/DUFF long arms, I run the CAGE on my rig and think they're a great product, but for an ORI level build, would probably go 3-link myself. Either can be made to work with the HP D60 you have, so that shouldn't be an issue IMO.

nvrstuk

Contributor
Just a Bronco driver for over 50 yrs!
Here's a link from my sig line for a D60 build (78-9 kingpin which puts the D60 pumpkin in a different spot but it might be some help.

I literally didn't have time for a 3 link...plan on it in the future but I still have a lot of finish work to do from this build.

http://classicbroncos.com/forums/showthread.php?t=278607

Its running good and the suspension is almost where I want it. More fine tuning but I could take the 18-24" whooops spaced a Bronco wheelbase apart at 62 mph. O ly a couple hundred long spot without a quad trail or a blind corner so a coue of short tests...no video...next time as this was at the BroncoRou dUp in Florence last week.

Attachments

• Screenshot_20180825-123745_Chrome.jpg
    Screenshot_20180825-123745_Chrome.jpg
    39.8 KB · Views: 27
OP
OP
D

Dirtroadjunkie

I agree with you guys on the 3-link. Just getting my feet wet with ext arms. It will def be in the future. I have another frame, tub, and axles that I want to really Build with. I'm trying my best to keep a running bronco for beer runs and maybe mild con runs. The last thing that I want to do is tear it apart and not have a weekend runner for a year or two. Been there. I'm itching to start building and learning.
Any body know about pumpkin to pan on this set up?
Thanks for the words guys. I've been through your threads nvrstck on here and northwest bc. Bad ass skills! As well as Jsmall and the guru Yeller's posts. You guys have fed my inspiration to want to build.