• Just a reminder that you won't be able to start new posts or reply to existings posts in the Archive forum.

This is where all the old posts go so they can still be used for reference and searched.
  • Welcome to ClassicBroncos! - You are currently viewing the forums as a GUEST. To take advantage of all the site features, please take a moment to register. It's fast, simple and absolutely free. So please join our community today!
    If you have problems registering or can't log into your account, please contact Admin.

Anybody got a pic of a 351M? Is this one?

TexasBronco

Bronco Guru
Loc.
Waterford, MI
Yeah if you got one ...post. Also what would need to be done to get a 351M to be half way decent for daily driver, and medium off roading?

:-[Is there anybody willing to post a few of my pictures? I will email them to you and you post them.I can't seem to get it to work :-[

Madgyver

Bronco Madman
Your picture is not posted, But here is my 351C, Take a good look on the surface where the water outlet and the distributor mounts to. This where a 351M will look different. Email those pics to me, I'll see what I can do.

2nd_time.jpg

sideview.jpg

DJM75

Loc.
Washougal
The water neck on a 351M will be on the block and not on the intake manifold like the 351W. You can also tell by the number of bolts holding the valve covers on. all the 351 engines (M,W,C) all had a different number f bolts. I can't remember how many the M had. I'm sure somebody on here knows though.<br> Don

adidas

Bronco Guru
Loc.
arizona
What's "M"? ... i know clevland and windsor. But ive never heard of M. ?:?<br><br>Jake

howiebilt

Bronco Buddah
Loc.
Newton
[quote author=az_adidas link=board=5;threadid=11336;start=0#83315 date=1037462873]<br>What's "M"? ... i know clevland and windsor. But ive never heard of M. ?:?<br><br>Jake<br>[/quote]<br><br>"M" is for modified and has a sibling called the 400m.<br>their bell housing bolt pattern will fit the same as a 460 and the only other thing I can add to it is this ...most folks around this area would rather have the 400 but in any case , they usually don't last long and end up with the 460 (because of the tranny simularity) .

4byford

Loc.
Yucca Valley CA
351M/400 and 351 Cleveland have same number of valve cover bolts because they share the same basic head. The 351M/400 have the same blocks, based on the cleveland but with a taller deck and the 351W main bearing journals (guess where all those 351W stroker cranks are coming from?) The only difference in the two are the crank (400= 4.00 stroke/351M=3.50 stroke) and the pistons. Anyone who rebuilds a 351M without making it a 400 is rather foolish, in my opinion. If it looks like Madgyvers Cleveland, then it may be an M- it's certainly not a Windsor, which resembles a 302.<br>