• Just a reminder that you won't be able to start new posts or reply to existings posts in the Archive forum.

This is where all the old posts go so they can still be used for reference and searched.
  • Welcome to ClassicBroncos! - You are currently viewing the forums as a GUEST. To take advantage of all the site features, please take a moment to register. It's fast, simple and absolutely free. So please join our community today!
    If you have problems registering or can't log into your account, please contact Admin.

Anybody got pics of Rock Lights?

joser

Loc.
Chesterfield, MI
I am trying to mount and wire some Rock Lights, but am not sure where the best place for them is.

Anybody got pics of theirs???

Thanks,

Mark

Contributor
Bronco Klutz
Loc.
NW Indiana
Mine are mounted just behind the transfer case on either frame rail pointed to the opposite side. You can see one here on the left of the Tcase.

Attachments

• atlasb.jpg
    atlasb.jpg
    100.8 KB · Views: 267
OP
OP
joser

joser

Loc.
Chesterfield, MI
Thanks for the help. I might put a pair there, then another pair up somewhere in the front fender well. Someplace where they will shine right in front of the front tires.

Gummi Bear

Bronco Guru
I'll have to dig for mine.

I mounted the rear lights at the body support brace pointing down just in front of the rear tires.

The front ones, I mounted to the worthless front dual shock mount. Now it has a real use! They're pointed just in front of the front tires.

OP
OP
joser

joser

Loc.
Chesterfield, MI
Gummi Bear - Great idea. I just pulled my shock off that mount because my Dual Rancho 5000s were way too stiff. I will try the front set up there.

Thanks,

TJK74

Bronco Guru
Loc.
Newark CA
Mine are mounted just in front of the rear spring hanger pointed forward at a down angle

Attachments

• Rocklight7.jpg
    Rocklight7.jpg
    89.7 KB · Views: 19
  • Rocklight6.jpg
    Rocklight6.jpg
    86.5 KB · Views: 33
  • Rocklight5.JPG
    Rocklight5.JPG
    97.1 KB · Views: 39
  • Rocklight4.jpg
    Rocklight4.jpg
    88 KB · Views: 44
  • Rocklight2.jpg
    Rocklight2.jpg
    80.6 KB · Views: 29
  • Rocklight1.jpg
    Rocklight1.jpg
    77.1 KB · Views: 50
Last edited:

GrantMurray

Loc.
Austin, Texas
I saw a heep last weekend driving with his on. Guess those curbs at the mall were too dark to see and needed some light!

Gummi Bear

Bronco Guru
does anybody have LED's for rocklights?

Yes, in fact there was a mass buy on some here last year.

I'm looking at some from Roundeyes.com, he's started offering a package deal on some LED rock lights, in any color you want.

My rear lights are mounted to the body support at the back side of the rocker, aiming down at the rear tire.

There is plenty of light washing the area around it, but the idea is to concentrate the light on where your tires are headed, without blinding your spotter.

I love night wheeling.;D

Attachments

• P2240071 (Large).jpg
    P2240071 (Large).jpg
    100.4 KB · Views: 93

Dan74Bronc

Loc.
Chandler, Az
Here are two older pictures showing my front lights mounted to the bottom of the front bumper. I had some under the body between the rocker panel and frame but have since crushed them on large rocks, along with the rocker panel.
Rocklight2.JPG

Rocklight1.JPG

TJK74

Bronco Guru
Loc.
Newark CA
does anybody have LED's for rocklights?
Yep as mentioned many are running round eyes. I came across these through my work and got one to test and they are BRIGHT and shed a pretty good spread beam pattern. Will be adding these to my set up I posted above at all four corners. Mounted this one as a dome light and works more like a back up light. :cool: I'll try and get some better pics that show the amount of light they throw.

Attachments

• IMG_0077.jpg
    IMG_0077.jpg
    62.9 KB · Views: 59
  • IMG_0078.jpg
    IMG_0078.jpg
    57.3 KB · Views: 49

rob wilson

Loc.
Flagstaff, AZ
Yep as mentioned many are running round eyes. I came across these through my work and got one to test and they are BRIGHT and shed a pretty good spread beam pattern. Will be adding these to my set up I posted above at all four corners. Mounted this one as a dome light and works more like a back up light. :cool: I'll try and get some better pics that show the amount of light they throw.

Can you provide a source for those LED lights? Look like they would work great in a number of applications.

tasker

Contributor
all knowing of nothing
Loc.
NH
anybody running the rubber mounted tractor lamp type? I would think they would be a tad more durable.