• Welcome to ClassicBroncos! - You are currently viewing the forums as a GUEST. To take advantage of all the site features, please take a moment to register. It's fast, simple and absolutely free. So please join our community today!
    If you have problems registering or can't log into your account, please contact Admin.

Anyone found a 13x2" air filter **Fixed (with Hammer)**

Louie

Bronco Guru
I was swapping out my old stock air filter for the 13" Ford drop base from BC's tonight and the 13x2 11/16" filter it came with is still about a 1/2" too tall.

Has anyone seen one at any of the parts stores or will I have to order one from Summit or somewhere?

Thanks

Last edited:

wildbill

Old Bronco Guy
:p :p :p Have you tried going to a K&N I run a 14" X 2" K&N came from the parts store (car quest) good luck.%) %) %) Bill %) :cool: ;D

OP
OP
Louie

Louie

Bronco Guru
:p :p :p Have you tried going to a K&N I run a 14" X 2" K&N came from the parts store (car quest) good luck.%) %) %) Bill %) :cool: ;D

Yeah I'd use a K&N if I could find one. I'll shop around the stores this AM for any 13x2. I'm assuming I'll have to order one and have to wait. Waiting...waiting ...waiting...I get sick of always waiting :p

OP
OP
Louie

Louie

Bronco Guru
Call chuck, I am sure he can order you a BCB200, which will be 13x2

I think that's the one I bought...it's 2 11/16". I need 2-2 1/4 to work. I have stock everything. New Motorcraft 2100 or 2150 carb.

OP
OP
Louie

Louie

Bronco Guru
Fixed!

Instead of screwing around chasing the elusive 13x2 filter I just "lowered" the top chrome piece a 1/2" with a big washer and a hammer ;D You can barely tell (if at all) I did anything to it. The engine's breathing a little better now :D

blubuckaroo

Grease Monkey
Loc.
Ridgefield WA
Instead of screwing around chasing the elusive 13x2 filter I just "lowered" the top chrome piece a 1/2" with a big washer and a hammer ;D You can barely tell (if at all) I did anything to it. The engine's breathing a little better now :D

See some of us do think alike!;)