• Welcome to ClassicBroncos! - You are currently viewing the forums as a GUEST. To take advantage of all the site features, please take a moment to register. It's fast, simple and absolutely free. So please join our community today!
    If you have problems registering or can't log into your account, please contact Admin.

Anyone have an extra manual choke?

Gray035

Loc.
Encinitas, CA
I'm looking for a manual choke set up for a regular 2100 motorcraft carburetor. Does anyone have one around that you'd be willing to give up? Let me know. In the alternative, does anyone know where to get manual choke kit for a 2100?

Naughty Bronc

Loc.
Great Falls
I'm looking for a manual choke set up for a regular 2100 motorcraft carburetor. Does anyone have one around that you'd be willing to give up? Let me know. In the alternative, does anyone know where to get manual choke kit for a 2100?

Not sure if it the same or not at this point since i am new to Broncos but i have one on mine but it is a 6cyl. Not too sure if they are the same.

71broncman

Loc.
Woodland Park, Co
Dorman makes an automatic to manual choke conversion kit for about $20.00. I had one on my stock carb. Gave the old carb to a bronco brother that needed one or you could have it. Might be able to get one from some of the part stores that have a Help! section.
Mark.

Scoop

Contributor
Have Bronco, Will Travel
Loc.
Cuchara, CO
Most any auto parts store should have a manual conversion kit. I got one at Advance Auto a few years back.

OP
OP
Gray035

Gray035

Loc.
Encinitas, CA
The dorman/HELP! Style I es won't work with the stock air cleaner which I'd like to keep. I need to find a stock set up.

jckkys

Bronco Guru
Best bet would be a late '50s - '60s truck core on EBey. You want the original Ford part that's compact, simple, and works. It wasn't sold as a kit like Holleys or AFBs. The auto choke cap conversions are junk. There's one on EBey now but it's $120, a little high but looks complete and includes a rebuildable core.