• Welcome to ClassicBroncos! - You are currently viewing the forums as a GUEST. To take advantage of all the site features, please take a moment to register. It's fast, simple and absolutely free. So please join our community today!
    If you have problems registering or can't log into your account, please contact Admin.

Anyone in San Antonio?

Ahealey

Hi new member here.

Just bought a new project- 1968 bronco u15. Will be bringing it back down here in next couple months and plans to do new body (rusted out from Wisconsin). Very excited to start this project after i finish my ls swapped 67 Chevelle!

Anyone local to San Antonio at all? Would love to find some local people that have some knowledge, esp once it comes down to doing the body.

I’ll be posting more as i get things going. Plans are to refresh the 302, ax-15 swap, unsure on switching front Dana 30 to 44 since i have both, 2.5 lift with 1 inch body lift, light gray paint and dark brown interior.

Torkman66

Contributor
In New Braunfels. In the middle of a complete frame off restoration of a 1972. Also have some good Bronco contacts locally.

Scoop

Contributor
Have Bronco, Will Travel
Loc.
Cuchara, CO
Check out Lonestar Early Bronco Club. They are divided into a number of local areas to coordinate local activities. San Antonio is one the areas. Quite a few members are there.

Torkman66

Contributor
Frame, Suspension, done. C4 rebuilt, TC rebuilt, Engine still working, Just started on the body. Have it on a dolly, stripped, and headed to sand blaster in the morning. 69030588946__62966985-C4E0-48C6-A195-6FC0C3952FAB.JPG IMG_6042.JPG IMG_5973.JPG IMG_6217.JPG IMG_6218.JPG

Brownbomber

I'm in Hondo and I'll take any excuse to drive my 72. Let get together. I'd enjoy seeing your starting point then following your progress.

bulletpruf

Contributor
Loc.
San Antonio, TX
I'm in San Antonio as well and have a '69 project. Have some Bronco content on my YouTube channel, too. Link is in my signature.

OP
OP
A

Ahealey

OP
OP
A

Ahealey

I'm in Hondo and I'll take any excuse to drive my 72. Let get together. I'd enjoy seeing your starting point then following your progress.
Hell ya man! I’ll pm you. Ill have the bronco down here from kc in next few months

OP
OP
A

Ahealey

A few photos of the build. Lost the front fenders on the way back to Kansas. Frame is extremely solid but really thinking tub may not be worth trying to save. More pics of rust in my album on here

full

full

full