• Just a reminder that you won't be able to start new posts or reply to existings posts in the Archive forum.

This is where all the old posts go so they can still be used for reference and searched.
  • Welcome to ClassicBroncos! - You are currently viewing the forums as a GUEST. To take advantage of all the site features, please take a moment to register. It's fast, simple and absolutely free. So please join our community today!
    If you have problems registering or can't log into your account, please contact Admin.

Anyone near Clear Lake, Iowa on I-35??

Chief Master Sergeant

Retired U.S. Air Force
Not Bronco related, but my son (Senior Airman Cody Meyer) was traveling back to North Dakota when his truck broke down on him on I-35, near Clear Lake, Iowa. The boy doesn't have much mechanical ability and is stranded. Anyone close enough to take a look and help a stranded military man?

Chuck

rhino2104

That sucks to hear. Sadly I'm way south of there off of I-35 right now. I hope that he gets it straightened out soon though. I take it that there isn't anyone in his unit (aren't they called air wings in the AF? I was Army so I don't know) that he can call for help?

OP
OP
Chief Master Sergeant

Chief Master Sergeant

Retired U.S. Air Force
They do, but that's a long way away as well. Was able to get him towed to Clear Lake Chevrolet. Hopefully they can fix him for a reasonable price tomorrow.

thesnake

Bronco Guru
Bump for you to try to locate some assistance. I was Navy

hth

John

jw0747

Contributor
Bronco Guru
Loc.
San Antonio, TX
Clear Lake, Iowa is where "The Music Died in February, 1959." Plane crash took the lives of Buddy Holly, Ritchie Valens and The Big Bopper. If he has time to sightsee visit the last place they performed and other spots before leaving. He'll make it where he needs to go soon I hope and for cheap.

1975 BRONCO

1975 Bronco
Loc.
Spanaway WA
Clear Lake, Iowa

In the Buddy Holly plane crash, everbody forgets Waylon Jennings gave up his seat for the sick Big Bopper. Waylon was a big force in the 1970's outlaw music movement. Anyways, I hope your son makes it to North Dakota O.K. !!!

sp71eb

Loc.
North Liberty, Ia
I would definately help him out if it was closer. Clear lake is almost 3 hrs from me. Hope he gets it taken care of and for a reasonable price.

OP
OP
Chief Master Sergeant

Chief Master Sergeant

Retired U.S. Air Force
I wish the boy was a little more mechanically inclined. Turned out to be a distributer cap and they charged him $300. He's on the way now and that's all that matters. The cap was the cheap part...they charged him pretty high for diagnostics.