• Just a reminder that you won't be able to start new posts or reply to existings posts in the Archive forum.

This is where all the old posts go so they can still be used for reference and searched.
  • Welcome to ClassicBroncos! - You are currently viewing the forums as a GUEST. To take advantage of all the site features, please take a moment to register. It's fast, simple and absolutely free. So please join our community today!
    If you have problems registering or can't log into your account, please contact Admin.

Anyone use pipe bumper as air tank?

cakedude

Loc.
Friendswood/houston,
Hello All,

I was wondering if anyone has ever used a pipe bumper as an air tank. It seems like you could do it fairly easy by welding up some fittings. You would probably have enough pressure available to air up a tire or two in a pinch. Anyone seen this done before or would it even be worth the extra effort?
Any thoughts?

Thanks! :cool:

iwlbcnu

Bronco Guru
When I get back from Paragon, I plan on using my front bumper as a tank for my OBA.

chris immer

good idea

I have used pipe and even square stock as air tanks. It works great. But in order to fill up tires you need to add an ac pump to your rig and use it as a compressor. :D

OP
OP
C

cakedude

Loc.
Friendswood/houston,
Chris immer,

That is kind of what I had in mind. I was planning on welding in fittings for a quick connect and carrying a 25 ft. coil hose in the tool box. I am curious how many psi I could safely carry with this set up. Airing it up at home with the big compressor and recharging with an onboard air set up. Did you put a drain cock on the ones you have done to get rid of any water that might build up? Any thing I should consider while putting this together?