• Just a reminder that you won't be able to start new posts or reply to existings posts in the Archive forum.

This is where all the old posts go so they can still be used for reference and searched.
  • Welcome to ClassicBroncos! - You are currently viewing the forums as a GUEST. To take advantage of all the site features, please take a moment to register. It's fast, simple and absolutely free. So please join our community today!
    If you have problems registering or can't log into your account, please contact Admin.

AOD conversion and body lift

texaswildcat98

Loc.
Wichita, KS
What is the min lift needed to install an AOD???

Are there any down falls to a 2 inch lift??? I am getting ready to install the body on my frame...

Thanks for the help...

Tgure

Bronco Guru
Loc.
Phoenix
No body lift is required you may have to use a BFH to massage it in. A 1" lift would give you a bit more room. 2 or 3" will give you more room to work under there. ;D

2" or more lift may require other mods like to steering shaft, linkage etc.

OP
OP
texaswildcat98

texaswildcat98

Loc.
Wichita, KS
Tgure said:
No body lift is required you may have to use a BFH to massage it in. A 1" lift would give you a bit more room. 2 or 3" will give you more room to work under there. ;D

2" or more lift may require other mods like to steering shaft, linkage etc.

Any benefits to going more than 1". I want extra space, not headaches...

Thanks for the help!

Tgure

Bronco Guru
Loc.
Phoenix
I went 3" Body which gives me plenty of room to work under there. Only thing I did was get a Borgerson lower shaft for my steering but i believe there are cheeper options. Nothing else needed to be changed to get it to work on my rig. If your going to go 1" only I recommend the 1"body lift/bushing combo that Wildhorses sells. I wish they made a combo for 2 and 3" as well ;D