• Welcome to ClassicBroncos! - You are currently viewing the forums as a GUEST. To take advantage of all the site features, please take a moment to register. It's fast, simple and absolutely free. So please join our community today!
    If you have problems registering or can't log into your account, please contact Admin.

AOD guys, a little help here.

bax

Contributor
Old Member
I have a couple questions. First one is: My AOD has a nickel size hole in the case on the drivers side just in front and above the gear shifter lever. What goes in this hole? The dip stick is on the other side so that's not it. Second: My shifter arm appears to be upside down. can it be flipped over and how? because it is interfering with the TV linkage. Third: I am messing with the TV cable installation (Lokar) and is there a nut that holds the cable arm on the shifter? Also I have read up an how to adjust this cable, but really I don't know what I am doing. Can you tell?
Some help would be nice.
Bax

904Bronco

Contributor
Bronco Guru
Loc.
San Martin, CA
Is the hole threaded? Then it is for your neutral Safety/back up switch.

Shifter arm upside down, did it come from a mustang? To get it rightside up it needs to be changed to another arm. Pan needs to come off, maybe the valve body too. Mine came from an 86 T-bird, it is above the pan during movement.

I am using a Mustang TV cable and brackets, no experience with Lokar Cable. I am using Lokar floor shifter, it took a while to figure our how to get that to work. I remade some of thier brackets... TV cable needs to be right or you will quickly smoke the AOD. Wish I had more for your specific install ?:? Doug

Madgyver

Bronco Madman
About the hole, Here is a pic of Taz's AOD out of an 87 GT.

Attachments

• DSC02703.JPG
    DSC02703.JPG
    139.5 KB · Views: 49
OP
OP
bax

bax

Contributor
Old Member
Ok, good on the neutral safety switch, thanks for that. My shifter is below the pan and the lokar instructions say to mount the tv cable with the arm on the bottom. They also show it going on top like Mad's picture but they said that way was for a floor shift and I have a column shift. I don't see why that would mater.
Thanks for the help.
bax