• Just a reminder that you won't be able to start new posts or reply to existings posts in the Archive forum.

This is where all the old posts go so they can still be used for reference and searched.
  • Welcome to ClassicBroncos! - You are currently viewing the forums as a GUEST. To take advantage of all the site features, please take a moment to register. It's fast, simple and absolutely free. So please join our community today!
    If you have problems registering or can't log into your account, please contact Admin.

AOD Linkage

vap13

I recently installed a 351W and AOD in place of a 302 / C4. I thought someone said they used a B&M kit for the shifting linkage. Anyone know the part number and where to order it from?
Paul

hmgoy

Loc.
CHANDLER, AZ
shift linkage

i just put an aod behind my 302. i bought the b&m shifter from summit i also got the lockar tv cable to handle the gear shifting.

VBH289

Loc.
Colorado
Hey guys, I am doing the same thing and you can get it from JEGS too, here is the part numbers of the linkage needed for all the B&M shifters!

All B&M AOD shifters require #130-40496 installation kit

130-80690<--- shifter number 159.99 <-----price

tonto

Bronco Guru
Just a word of warning using B&M's AOD shift arm adapter, the part that goes into the transmission is not hardened like the factory ones and where the nut goes on the inside on it is very thin walled and they tend to break where the threads are, tighten this minimally and use locktite on it or use a factory Mustang arm and flip it 180^ so it's pointing in the correct direction, you will still need B&M's cable bracket to attach to the tranny or make your own.
Good luck, Francois.

OP
OP
V

vap13

Thanks for the info, I have the Lokar cable kit I just needed the B&M.
Thanks - Paul