• Just a reminder that you won't be able to start new posts or reply to existings posts in the Archive forum.

This is where all the old posts go so they can still be used for reference and searched.
  • Welcome to ClassicBroncos! - You are currently viewing the forums as a GUEST. To take advantage of all the site features, please take a moment to register. It's fast, simple and absolutely free. So please join our community today!
    If you have problems registering or can't log into your account, please contact Admin.

AOD SHIFT LINKAGE: LOKAR or B&M?

shwagy357

Loc.
Clemmons, NC
I am planning on controlling my AOD with a floor mounted shifter, and I was wondering if I should employ a Lokar shifter or B&M shifter. I am leaning more towards the Lokar but hear the installation is ruff. Can anyone give me a clue as to what Im in for? I do not have a twin stick yet but am considering this in the future. And the transmission is already in.

SaddleUp

Bronco Guru
Loc.
Vancouver, WA
I put a B & M Truck Megashifter in mine that also is supposed to work with the AOD. Installation was pretty straight forward. It probably doesn't make much difference on the install. Figure out which one fits where you want it better and see if they both have the options you want.

904Bronco

Contributor
Bronco Guru
Loc.
San Martin, CA
shwagy357 said:
I am planning on controlling my AOD with a floor mounted shifter, and I was wondering if I should employ a Lokar shifter or B&M shifter. I am leaning more towards the Lokar but hear the installation is ruff. Can anyone give me a clue as to what Im in for? I do not have a twin stick yet but am considering this in the future. And the transmission is already in.

I have the Lokar shifter on my 75. My Trans was from an 86 T-bird.(free) It was some work... I had to extend the shift lever arm 3 inches. I re-made the bracket they gave me that bolted to the shift arm on the transmission. It was clocked forward and my replacement was in line with the trans shift arm. I spoke with the Lokar's Tech (Dusty?) a couple of times. He tried to be helpful, but he could not see what I was working on. It came down to a little trial and error, until I got it to shift right. No problems since the set up. I have used their products before and I have not been diappointed.

I have twin sticks, you may have to heat the levers and bend them a little for clearance

Doug