• Welcome to ClassicBroncos! - You are currently viewing the forums as a GUEST. To take advantage of all the site features, please take a moment to register. It's fast, simple and absolutely free. So please join our community today!
    If you have problems registering or can't log into your account, please contact Admin.

AOD shift linkage

Bronkster

I'm looking for ideas on a better set up for shift linkage. I have a column shift and a 1 piece rod from the tranny to the column right now which functions ,but it doesn't hold park very well or give me full range through the gears. Any ideas on what you have used or seen used would be appreciated.

behemoth

Bronco Guru
I believe there is a thread on this in the archives. I made a bell crank to use the stock column shifter. I have no problem with gears, and the selector lines up with the gears. Search the archives and if nothing comes up I will find the pics of my solution.

OP
OP
B

Bronkster

Thanks for the feedback! I am using 1 of the shift rods from my old 3 speed that we lengthened when I installed the 3" BL. I'll search the archives, but if you could post or email pics, that would be great! I was never able to get the gears to line up. noble43@juno.com

OP
OP
B

Bronkster

From what I could find in previous threads it seemed like the consensus was fixed shift rod rather than cable, but am I left trying to fab something, or can something be found and purchased to cut down on the head scratching time?