• Just a reminder that you won't be able to start new posts or reply to existings posts in the Archive forum.

This is where all the old posts go so they can still be used for reference and searched.
  • Welcome to ClassicBroncos! - You are currently viewing the forums as a GUEST. To take advantage of all the site features, please take a moment to register. It's fast, simple and absolutely free. So please join our community today!
    If you have problems registering or can't log into your account, please contact Admin.

AOD shift linkage...

teqoso

Loc.
walnut creek,ca
I just had the tranny shop install my TransGo shift kit in my AOD, and align the linkage so that my indicator would line up properly on the column. I originally gave him the modified F150 shift arm, but he was able to align all the indicators without installing the modified component. I will get a detail desription of what he did and relay it to all who are trying to get their trannys and columns to work in unison.

The TransGo shift kit in Cop Mode really improved the shifts, and eliminated the bouncing back and forth between 3rd and 4th. I can't wait to get it on the freeway and really test her, then on the trail to see how well she performs. The trail test will have to wait until I get the Dana44 gears repaired.

Now I have to keep lyin to the woman that the indicator doesn't line up and the tranny still needs the shift kit. That will keep her out until I tell her that the brakes need some adjusting. It is so nice to get some of those little projects out of the way.

vap13

Tegoso, will be looking forward to your detailed description of what you used for the AOD linkage and how you lined everything up. I'm trying to do that now without much success. If you can get some pics that would be great.

Thanks - Paul