• Just a reminder that you won't be able to start new posts or reply to existings posts in the Archive forum.

This is where all the old posts go so they can still be used for reference and searched.
  • Welcome to ClassicBroncos! - You are currently viewing the forums as a GUEST. To take advantage of all the site features, please take a moment to register. It's fast, simple and absolutely free. So please join our community today!
    If you have problems registering or can't log into your account, please contact Admin.

ARB vs. Electrac vs. Ox Locker?

c2computer

Loc.
Castle Rock, CO
Wanted to know if anyone had some input on a locker for my Dana 44 in the front. I have a Detroit in the rear now, open in the front. <br><br>I am shying away from the ARB since the maintenance and possibly leaks. The Electrac is cool but not sure how proven yet. ALso, I don't like the limited slip on all the time. I want to be able to either have the locker on or off, especially to keep my turning ability intact while off. I don't know much about the OX locker yet. Thanks<br><br>

Hnrys69

Bronco Guru
I would go ARB if I were you. I heard a rumor about OX possibly going out of business???? ARB has been and will be around forever.. Onboard air is also nice ;D

77BroncoWag

Contributor
Bronco Guru
I'd stick with the company that has been around for a while. Have not heard anything bad about the ARB :)

OP
OP
c2computer

c2computer

Loc.
Castle Rock, CO
My brother runs an ARB in his Dana 60, he loves it but every 2 years he has to take it in and have the seals done. I already have on board air now. The ox seems to be solid. Does anyone know if the turning ability will be ok with the Electrac? It is a limited slip until engaged. Also, how will this affect flat towing?<br><br>Thanks

Panama71

Loc.
Albuquerque, NM
Didnt do any flat towing. I don't remember it changing my turning radius at all. If it did it was so small I never noticed it.

Hnrys69

Bronco Guru
[quote author=c2computer link=board=5;threadid=14175;start=0#106743 date=1044921080]<br>Cool thanks, what type of limited slip was it?<br>[/quote]<br><br>C2, you will only be affected if your hubs are locked.......When they arnt each wheel doesnt car about the other. You could have a spool in there and with 1 unlocked you wouldnt notice it, unless you were in 4wheel drive....

chuck

Bronco Guru
Loc.
Ingram, Texas
I would pass on the ARB, and have. I like both the OX and the Electrac. At this time I have a D-44 HP with WAH and Electrac setting on the shop floor waiting for me to get the time to install it. I plan to do a lot of testing this year. ;D ;D

Waverous

Contributor
Bronco Guru
Loc.
Aurora, CO
Love my ARB's! No problems so far (knock on wood) with leaks or o-rings. Have 4 lockers - 2 in a Bronco and 2 in a Scout, Family memebers have another 4 and club members in our patrol have another 8 - all without a single failure in almost 8 years of running.

OP
OP
c2computer

c2computer

Loc.
Castle Rock, CO
Thanks for the input. Yeah, I was referring to when I was in 4 wheel drive how much turning I would lose.<br><br>As far as the OX, it seems fairly indestructible and when you want it off (less stress on u joints when turning for example) it is off and not a limited slip waiting to grab some sticky rocks. The ARB is cool, my family has 2 but the leaks and seals, I don't want that maintenance. Am I on the right track?<br><br>

GRIZZLY

Bronco Guru
Loc.
Lakewood, CA
I like my Ox and haven't had any problems with it. I heard that they moved production facilities so we should see them cranking up the asembly line again soon.....