• Just a reminder that you won't be able to start new posts or reply to existings posts in the Archive forum.

This is where all the old posts go so they can still be used for reference and searched.
  • Welcome to ClassicBroncos! - You are currently viewing the forums as a GUEST. To take advantage of all the site features, please take a moment to register. It's fast, simple and absolutely free. So please join our community today!
    If you have problems registering or can't log into your account, please contact Admin.

armrest and beverage holder..20mm shell

ehumaui

I got the idea from gumbybronco at the last bronco outing. I needed some storage, armrest and beverage holder.

Oh its a 20mm shell canister. Anyone know where I can find the army green paint?
RC

Attachments

• storage 003.jpg
    storage 003.jpg
    110.9 KB · Views: 221
  • storage 002.jpg
    storage 002.jpg
    100.2 KB · Views: 228
  • storage 005.jpg
    storage 005.jpg
    131.8 KB · Views: 271
  • storage 004.jpg
    storage 004.jpg
    121 KB · Views: 243

76MaBronco

Bronco Guru
Loc.
Massachusetts
That's an awesome idea...and it was waterproof prior to the mod....hmmmmmmmm.

Local Army/Navy store should have plenty of those, and there's on my way home from work...and I DO need a few waterproof storage containers....;D

grant_71

Bronco Guru
I would say any decent hardware should have some
our Ace carries rustoleum camo paint
all sorts of flat tans, greens, olive drabs, and such

Scrapper_MV

Ive got one of those and it doesn't fit in my Bronco. So I put it in the back and used it for storage.

I'd like some info more about your parking brake mod. My parking brake pedal is long gone and I can't put another in its place, so I need a hand brake. Do you have any more pictures?

broncow72

Village Idiot
Loc.
Spring,TX.
Ive got one of those and it doesn't fit in my Bronco. So I put it in the back and used it for storage.

I'd like some info more about your parking brake mod. My parking brake pedal is long gone and I can't put another in its place, so I need a hand brake. Do you have any more pictures?

Me too. I did notice it's out of an '86 toyota van. I've been looking for a suzuki samurai lever, but I guess there are others that will do just fine. But I'd like to see how you ran the cable underside. Particularly from the lever to under the floor. Is there an angle transition? Pulley?

OP
OP
E

ehumaui

The lever is from a 86 toyota van, I had to move the lever for the box( had it between the seats. I did have to find a emergency brake bracket from a late model f250 and fab up a retainer to hold the end of the toyota cable down below.

RC

Mark

Contributor
Bronco Klutz
Loc.
NW Indiana
Those are all over the place at gun shows.
:)
I'm more interested in that sweet floor mount emergency brake handle also...

broncokak

Bronco Guru
I did that same thing with a steel storage box in my 76 some 20 years ago. You may want to close in the area under the cup / bottle holder because your cold drink will sweat and drip all over what ever is under it. Also bouncing around on the trail will lead to spills. Just fab up a tin box to go under there and make it so you can remove it and wash it out once in a while.

Jakedog

I like the responsible drinking pic! The beer is on the passengers side!;D

DonaldDouchebag

Bronco Guru
.30 cal ammo cans will hold most 6"x9" speakers. You can hang them under the bedrails behind the front seats unless you have the emissions stuff on the driver side.

The .30 cal boxes measure 11" long x 4" deep x 7" tall.

DonaldDouchebag

Bronco Guru
Me too. I did notice it's out of an '86 toyota van. I've been looking for a suzuki samurai lever, but I guess there are others that will do just fine. But I'd like to see how you ran the cable underside. Particularly from the lever to under the floor. Is there an angle transition? Pulley?

I got a Sami lever on eBay for about $15 including shipping. You just have to watch until you find a cheap one.

OP
OP
E

ehumaui

Yes the boxes are very waterproof. I was thinking of fab'en cup holders on the outside but ended up cutting the top. I guess I could have boxed in the cup holder on the top like I did the bottom. I do have all my tools and extra parts in other ammo cans, they work great.

RC

76MaBronco

Bronco Guru
Loc.
Massachusetts
Just picked up 2 at a local surplus store for $25 a piece. Gears are turning now...

I'll have to modify the stock seatbelts, but I wanted to put a three-point harness in anyway (win-win). It's the PERFECT height for my arm...

They had about 20-30 of them along the wall...

Dasmms

Loc.
Goodlettsville, TN
I wonder about your speakers in the kick panels. Did you cut them in the panels or build something on top? They look good, just trying to figure out if that spot works well.