• Just a reminder that you won't be able to start new posts or reply to existings posts in the Archive forum.

This is where all the old posts go so they can still be used for reference and searched.
  • Welcome to ClassicBroncos! - You are currently viewing the forums as a GUEST. To take advantage of all the site features, please take a moment to register. It's fast, simple and absolutely free. So please join our community today!
    If you have problems registering or can't log into your account, please contact Admin.

ATLANTA/GA-area Bronco invasion at The Varsity

Mac2Night

Bronco Guru
Okay, so we've been organizing this on another thread that phred started back before Christmas (phred I hope you don't mind my trying to organize this a little):
http://classicbroncos.com/forums/showthread.php?t=131409, but I wanted to make it obvious that we were all gathering this coming Saturday, February 21st in midtown Atlanta at the "world famous" Varsity drive-in at around 2pm - until!

So far I have PMed the following board members (daveweil1, Lakeman77, Jesus888, Krowens76, gabronco74, tshep911, tabasocjrc, codeeB, jdeit, bfoldy, Bronco26, evil69, willtel, jbharve3, a74ranger, rednck21, kelvindodd, roundhouse, MattyB4x4, metalman0521, curry76, Scotts77, and 71HLFCAB) with a confirmed response from about 10+ and I have yet to hear from over half of these folks. If you see that I missed someone from the ATL/metro area/or anywhere in GA, please forward this info on to them. The more the merrier.

Rain or shine! Let's try to park on the upper parking deck (lots of space and we can see our trucks from the upper seating area while we eat (if it's raining we can always park under the parking deck on the ground level and eat our onion rings and chili dogs while talking EBs even if it rains).

Look forward to seeing you all this Saturday!

Mac

Attachments

• logo.gif
    logo.gif
    4.8 KB · Views: 6
  • 2.gif
    2.gif
    28.5 KB · Views: 20
Last edited:

Tasty Geezer

I will be there with my 77...Chili dogs, onion rings and EB's....looking forward to it!

phred

Contributor
Bronco Guru
Loc.
Earth
Good job Mac. Heck yeah, the more we post stuff about the gathering the better. Looked last night for the mirrors and I must have given them all away. Sorry pal!
I'll bring the door panels and if you like them cool, if not back into storage.

See ya on the upper deck saturday!!

OP
OP
Mac2Night

Mac2Night

Bronco Guru
That reminds me, if any of you that are planning to join us have any extra parts laying around (I am looking for one door mirror, some stock door panels, chrome headlight rings, and other odds and ends), bring them with you on Saturday and we might be able to do some swapping or add a couple of dollars to your wallet. Sound good?

evil69

fawkin classy
Loc.
Athens, GA
Sorry I can't make it. Maybe I should quit work and work on Obama's second election commitee.

Just sucks to keep missing them. Maybe you guys should come to the foreclosure action and buy some houses.......

I can think of Cutts (fishman or something) and Broncosforfun77 or something. And Mountainguy, haven't seen much of him lately.

scotts77

Loc.
Marietta, GA
Sorry guys, if circumstances were different I would come, but I have sold my Bronco and it is leaving tomorrow :cry: . Talking Broncos is the last thing I want to do this weekend. I still can't believe it.

NGABronco

Contributor
Bronco Guru
Loc.
N. GA now South Carolina
Hey Scott, I know it's not what you really wanted to do, but kudos for doing what you "needed" to do. You'll have another EB.

Good luck with your business!!;D ;D

evil69

fawkin classy
Loc.
Athens, GA
Sorry guys, if circumstances were different I would come, but I have sold my Bronco and it is leaving tomorrow :cry: . Talking Broncos is the last thing I want to do this weekend. I still can't believe it.

Sucks man, but there will be another for ya down the road.

bfoldy

Contributor
Loc.
Torrance, CA
I will be there, but will be without Bronco. No top, doors, tailgate, and most importantly...no brakelights. I'm looking forward to seeing some other Broncos and meeting everyone though.

daveweil1

Loc.
Savannah
Whip A Dead Horse

I finally made it out at 9pm. I got the plug wires and breather, got em put on and it wouldnt start. Tried to jump it off but still wouldn't start. I called USAA at 5:30pm, took 3 hours to get a tow truck. I did enjoy the chili cheese slaw dogs and all the broncos. Thanks to everyone for all the help.

OP
OP
Mac2Night

Mac2Night

Bronco Guru
Dave, we are all truly sorry for all your troubles today, but I'm glad to hear you got home safely.

It was a great turn out and the weather was perfect. Phred (Brett will be sending me some photos to post, so I will get them up soon). For those of you who missed it, we had (12) Broncos and 20 or so members/families join us for about 3 hours of hanging out and talking EBs (and of course some chili dogs and onion rings).

Sounds like we will be making this a regular gathering, but we may head north on I-75 up to the "Big Chicken" area of town (Marietta) the next go around in March or April (yep, I am already to get everybody together again)! ;D

Thanks for everyone making out today!
Mac

NGABronco

Contributor
Bronco Guru
Loc.
N. GA now South Carolina
Hey guys, sorry I missed it. I did have fun though. I posted a thread about the show. Went out for a smoke and spotted a really slick red EB Sport in the parking lot, Cobb tag, I left a card, any body from the cruzin???:cool: :cool:

phred

Contributor
Bronco Guru
Loc.
Earth
Dave,
Glad you got home safe. Glad the fire was not any worse. It did get the attention of a few people in the drive-in area though. The guy running out the door with a 5 gallon bucket of water was hallarious.
Lot's of good looking trucks. Jeromy (hope I spelled that right) You had the silver uncut rig with a soft top and door inserts right? I didn't get a chace to look your truck over tell me a little about it.

I'm have a terrible time remember peoples names so if everybody that was there will post up your real name, screen name and which truck you drove. It will help us old guys put names with faces and trucks.

I'm phred (Brett) with the red and white 74 with blacked out trim.

Looking forward to seeing you guys next month!!!!!

daveweil1

Loc.
Savannah
What'll You Have

I've got a few good pics but I'm not a contributor yet. Anyone got an email address I can send it to. If you look close you can see the flame damage on my green trail rig..

OP
OP
Mac2Night

Mac2Night

Bronco Guru
Photos of the meet

Here are some photos Brett (phred) took of our gathering on Saturday:

Great afternoon meeting some of our Bronco brothers here in the area.

Mac

Attachments

• V.jpg
    V.jpg
    115.3 KB · Views: 43
  • Varsity2.jpg
    Varsity2.jpg
    77.3 KB · Views: 32
  • Varsity4.jpg
    Varsity4.jpg
    127.4 KB · Views: 38
  • Varsity5.jpg