• Just a reminder that you won't be able to start new posts or reply to existings posts in the Archive forum.

This is where all the old posts go so they can still be used for reference and searched.
  • Welcome to ClassicBroncos! - You are currently viewing the forums as a GUEST. To take advantage of all the site features, please take a moment to register. It's fast, simple and absolutely free. So please join our community today!
    If you have problems registering or can't log into your account, please contact Admin.

Atlanta GA Snow

daveweil1

Loc.
Savannah
We don't see snow like this often down here

Attachments

• IMG00023-20090301-1449.jpg
    IMG00023-20090301-1449.jpg
    103.7 KB · Views: 65

mtrdud

Got Some Here Too!

I'm in West Central Georgia and I think we got the bulk of it. I'd say 4-5" of it which is rare here. It looks good and is "pretty" as my wife says, but I wouldn't want to deal with it on a regular basis. Here's a pic, but the Bronco must stay in the dry shop!

Attachments

• MVC-002S.JPG
    MVC-002S.JPG
    39.2 KB · Views: 42

WheelHorse

Bronco Guru
No snow in Chicago today, just a lot of brown grass and 28 degree temps.

phred

Contributor
Bronco Guru
Loc.
Earth
Body shops down there are gonna be real happy.

you got that right. It's been snowing for about 5 hours. We live about 5 blocks from a fire station and they have been running all day. People in Atlanta can't drive to start with. Add snow or ice and the body count grows rapidly.

OP
OP
daveweil1

daveweil1

Loc.
Savannah
I just drove back from Savannah and 75, 675 and 285 looks like a demolition derby. I must have passed either 10 wrecks or people spun off down an embankment.

croft75

welcome to our hell. Oh well it makes driving the Bronco in the spring even sweeter.

Mac2Night

Bronco Guru
We got about 4-5 inches over in Decatur as well. Here's a shot of me cleaning the snow off for a cruise with the family. While we were out we saw a huge tree that fell on an SUV and new house in our community. Yikes! :-X

Attachments

• IMG_4239.jpg
    IMG_4239.jpg
    158 KB · Views: 55
  • IMG_4248.jpg
    IMG_4248.jpg
    161.7 KB · Views: 50
Last edited:

mtrdud

Snow

Hey, I don't envy you guys at all. Snow is the #1 reason I will never move any further North than I am now. I absolutley hate it and I'm really glad I don't have to deal with it very much. But the good thing about Georgia is that it will be back to the 70's by next weekend!

phred

Contributor
Bronco Guru
Loc.
Earth
I like snow and don't mind driving in it, but in atlanta my broncos DO NOT leave the garage. People here are IDIOTS. Coming home from church the wife's car with traction control was slipping at all the stop lights and stop signs. People were screaming up to lights and sliding to a stop and fish tailing alway. No way will I put my trucks out with these insane people.

OP
OP
daveweil1

daveweil1

Loc.
Savannah
I spent two years in Providence RI when I was in college so I learned a little about driving in snow. Phred's right. Most of the drivers here are morons...I did get a few chuckles once I saw they weren't hurt

SC74

Contributor
Bronco Guru
We got dumped on here with snow (Greenville SC) tonight - the hardest snow fall I've seen in years. We've probably got a good 3 to 4 inches.

DonsBolt

Bronco Guru
Loc.
Chestnut Hill, Mass
we got around a foot here last night into this morning

with thiis last storm we got over 60 inches this winter :cry:

Attachments

• snow.JPG
    snow.JPG
    80.4 KB · Views: 17