• Just a reminder that you won't be able to start new posts or reply to existings posts in the Archive forum.

This is where all the old posts go so they can still be used for reference and searched.
  • Welcome to ClassicBroncos! - You are currently viewing the forums as a GUEST. To take advantage of all the site features, please take a moment to register. It's fast, simple and absolutely free. So please join our community today!
    If you have problems registering or can't log into your account, please contact Admin.

Auburn Pro Series Posi

SWFLABRONCO

Loc.
Cape Coral, Fl
Anyone here with any experience with these units? I'm rebuilding the rear axle as we speak, and picked up a good used Auburn unit to replace my open carrier. I got a good deal on it, but I found out after I bought it that they can't be rebuilt. Should have done my homework first I guess, but on average, are Pro Series decent units? My dad had always used their products with no problems, but the fact that they can't be gone through and rebuilt has me concerned. Any input here is appreciated. I'd rather not have to go through the axle again if this thing fails.

needabronco

Bronco Guru
Loc.
Prescott/Farmington
I had one in a C*&%Y Tahoe, with 33's and it worked great, I could do trails in 2WD without spinning tires that I would have done before it in 4wd and spun to the top. I would say go for it, by the time you wear it out, swap in a locker. Just keep good oil in it and don't forget additive.

bmc69

Contributor
Bronco Guru
needabronco said:
I had one in a C*&%Y Tahoe, with 33's and it worked great, I could do trails in 2WD without spinning tires that I would have done before it in 4wd and spun to the top. I would say go for it, by the time you wear it out, swap in a locker. Just keep good oil in it and don't forget additive.

What he said. The one in the rear of my '78 Bronc has been providing solid reliable service for almost 15 years and 150K miles..and counting.

They can/do get a bit noisy when 'hot'..especially when backing up and turning at the same time. Keeping the friction modifier up to date in the dif lube helps that a lot.

OP
OP
SWFLABRONCO

SWFLABRONCO

Loc.
Cape Coral, Fl
Thanks for the reassurance on this guys. I'll go ahead and throw it in. I just wanted to make sure they were trustworthy before I used it. Thanks again!

kntr

Bronco Guru
I have run the Auburn Pro Series posi in 2 broncos. My last one worked great but did make a little noise when it got warm. Great for a daily driver.

I have one in my current bronco and love it. No problems.

The best combo I have found is the Posi rear and the Tru Trac front. Check the signature.

Pa PITT

Contributor
Bronco Guru
Loc.
Stephenville TEXAS
Rear axles pumkins are not that hard to change ...a long hour and you got it done ..
Run the Auburn till it's toast..Then have another unit ready as your time
premits and swap...