• Welcome to ClassicBroncos! - You are currently viewing the forums as a GUEST. To take advantage of all the site features, please take a moment to register. It's fast, simple and absolutely free. So please join our community today!
    If you have problems registering or can't log into your account, please contact Admin.

Auto Choke Heat Tube????

Big D

I am in the process of ditching my Edelbrock and going back to the original Motorcraft on my '77 with a 302. I wanted to ask. How do I hook up the automatic choke heat tube? I'm thinking I need to use some steel line and connect the choke housing, to the exhaust manifold. It looks like there is a small opening on the top of the manifold, towards the back that was capped off by a previous owner. Does this sound right? Thanks for any suggestions.

72Sport

Bronco Guru
I think I used 3/16" steel brake line. I drilled out the old tubing and inserted the new.

moneypit77

Loc.
forks, WA
when I redid mine I went to the parts store and the have choke stove kit on the help rack, I just stuck one end in the hole of the manifold and the other in the carb. hope this helps. casey