• Just a reminder that you won't be able to start new posts or reply to existings posts in the Archive forum.

This is where all the old posts go so they can still be used for reference and searched.
  • Welcome to ClassicBroncos! - You are currently viewing the forums as a GUEST. To take advantage of all the site features, please take a moment to register. It's fast, simple and absolutely free. So please join our community today!
    If you have problems registering or can't log into your account, please contact Admin.

Automatic shifters

doghows72

Bronco Guru
Looking to see what has been used for an automatic shifter? Has anyone used the Lokar type floor shifter? My truck is going to be mainly a street cruiser I'm getting to old to off road too much anymore.
I've seen the gated "winters" style but those seem to be a pain to move around into all the gears.
I'd love to do the whole tilt column thing but after the expense of an auto conversion another $500 is not available right now.
So if you have a cool idea or pics let see them. Thanks.

bronconut73

Bronco Guru
http://m.summitracing.com/parts/bmm-81050

I want to use this one.
It is narrow and will fit between the drivers seat and my console.
Different handles are available. This photo shows the Magnum handle. There is also a ball handle. I like the blade handle; it is really narrow.
It is a ratchet style shifter so I would take it apart and do that grinding mod that makes them easier to shift from reverse to first. I saw Jessy do it on Xtreme Off Road once.
Lowbush here on CB did the Lokar shifter, but last I heard he was pretty frustrated with the install.
Bronco Driver mag had a good write up on the Lokar shifter install a year or so ago.