• Just a reminder that you won't be able to start new posts or reply to existings posts in the Archive forum.

This is where all the old posts go so they can still be used for reference and searched.
  • Welcome to ClassicBroncos! - You are currently viewing the forums as a GUEST. To take advantage of all the site features, please take a moment to register. It's fast, simple and absolutely free. So please join our community today!
    If you have problems registering or can't log into your account, please contact Admin.

aux tank questions

Green manalishi

Loc.
Murrieta, Ca.
I have a 70 that did no come factory with an aux tank. so I know I have to get:
The tank
Straps and skid plate
Filler hose
toggle switch
manual swich under drivers seat.
Misc rubber hoses.

My question: Is the wiring for the dash toggle switch in the harness behind the dash just unconnected, or did they put in a different harness for an aux tank.

I would appreciate any advice anyone has to give on Installation.

Thanks...

stevew

Bronco Guru
Loc.
Elliston Montana
You will also need the rectangle box shaped bracket that the tank straps mount to at the front . With a single tank the sending unit wire goes directly to the gauge . With dual tanks both sending unit wires go to the switch , then another wire goes to the gauge . So no , the wires you need won't be under the dash . But it will be pretty simple to hook up .

Dennis

Loc.
Northern California
If you (or know someone who does) ever get up to the Sac. area, you can have my aux. tank, fill tube, skid plate, straps, and any other misc. hardware I might have. It's just collecting dust in my garage. I like to see someone make use of it. I don't want to mess with shipping it.

iwlbcnu

Bronco Guru
The switch just plugs inline w/ the orange wire going to the fuel gauge. Just make sure you get the pigtail for the switch also.