• Just a reminder that you won't be able to start new posts or reply to existings posts in the Archive forum.

This is where all the old posts go so they can still be used for reference and searched.
  • Welcome to ClassicBroncos! - You are currently viewing the forums as a GUEST. To take advantage of all the site features, please take a moment to register. It's fast, simple and absolutely free. So please join our community today!
    If you have problems registering or can't log into your account, please contact Admin.

Aux Tank Removal Questions

csangster

I am throwing around the idea of removing my aux. tank to better facilitate the installation of my roll cage and tying it into the frame.

What needs to be considered when removing the aux. tank?

I will just run on the main tank for now until I save up enough $$ to purchase a larger main tank.

What do I do with the aux./main selector switch on the dash? Can I remove it and hardwire the main tank into the system? How about the aux./main selector under the seat? Do I remove it and plumb the main tank directly?

Thank you,
Chris

U

Unregistered

No problem. The switch on the dash is simply for switching the fuel guage. Switch it to the main and leave it.
The under the seat is the tank switching valve. Again switch it to the main and forget about it. You might want to plug the other end underneath just so crud doesn't get in there.
Take it out.

yak67

Bronco Guru
I haven't removed my aux. tank, but I don't use it because it has a small leak. I took out the gauge switch, and kept the tank switch under the seat....everything has worked fine, I'd just take the tank out and not worry about the switches. Just my 2 cents;D