• Just a reminder that you won't be able to start new posts or reply to existings posts in the Archive forum.

This is where all the old posts go so they can still be used for reference and searched.
  • Welcome to ClassicBroncos! - You are currently viewing the forums as a GUEST. To take advantage of all the site features, please take a moment to register. It's fast, simple and absolutely free. So please join our community today!
    If you have problems registering or can't log into your account, please contact Admin.

B.C. Broncos Q-Jet installation question

utahmike

Loc.
Spanish Fork
just installed one from BCB the, jet Q-jet. My question is how do i know which nipple on the carb to put the vacum hose on? i'm also guessing the breather hose from the valve cover cap goes on the large nipple at the base not the large one near the top? As i now have it installed, it fires up instantly but then surges one, two or three times and dies, i can stop it by giving it more gas but it is a little tricky keeping it steady. It wont idle at all. i have the mixture screws 5 full turns out from seated. any thoughts? i know, rookie question. talk to me...

-Mike-:p

Last edited:

77sport

Loc.
San Jose, CA
the vac hose from the pcv valve goes to the large hole at the base in the back, if you cant use the fitting off an old carb buy a hose fitting and screw it in. you should have another hose from the other valve cover fitting going into the aircleaner to balance the system.

chuck

Bronco Guru
Loc.
Ingram, Texas
A few q's, did the eng. run O.K. before you installed the carb? Before adjusting it did it have the same problem when you first started it? Have you checked for vacuum leaks? have you checked your timing? Is the choke off? Did you adjust the idle?The carb adjustments should have been close to right when you got it because it was built for your engine. 5 turns out sounds like way too much. You might put it back to where it was when you started and start over.

OP
OP
utahmike

utahmike

Loc.
Spanish Fork
chuck said:
A few q's, did the eng. run O.K. before you installed the carb? Before adjusting it did it have the same problem when you first started it? Have you checked for vacuum leaks? have you checked your timing? Is the choke off? Did you adjust the idle?The carb adjustments should have been close to right when you got it because it was built for your engine. 5 turns out sounds like way too much. You might put it back to where it was when you started and start over.

Chuck i should just call you. yes the engine ran fine, i havent checked for leaks timing may need a little adjustment, i think the choke is where i need the adjustment, as i watch the carb i can see the choke moving back and forth when i try to adjust it manually i can get it pretty stable, but i still need to adjust it to idle. i will call you. thanks.